How much hyd pressure???

Aj Clark

Member
I want to add a grapple to the bucket on my IH 354. Would a "Tie Rod Cylinder" that will take 2500 PSI with stand the pressure from my IH 354 hyd pump???
Thanks for any info you might have.
 
I think it would do fine. If you are worried, a pressure regulator with discharge to the other hose on the cylinder will bleed off excess clamping pressure. I do not know the rating of the system that tractor has. JimN
 
I am pretty sure the relief valve (if running off of the remotes) is about 1600 psi. If you have a loader valve with its own relief plumbed before the system hydraulics it could be as high as 3000 psi. A 2500 psi cylinder will handle about anything an IH can throw at it.

This is a loader valve plumbed in pre-system with a relief. I have is set at 2000 psi.

DSC00042.jpg



Charles
 
I forgot (Michalobe does that to ya) the unused third spool on my valve is for a future grapple or "thumb". I plan to use a 2500 psi cylinder, probably a 2" bore x 8" stroke... Guessing here.

Charles
 
The pumps on my 2606, which is the same setup as a 460, 560, 660, etc. common to a lot of tractors, are rated at 2250 psi. The relief valve is set at 1600 psi factory. I wouldn't think your pump is any higher. You can google around or check case-ih.com to see if yours has a rating any higher. I don't think on a lot of the older stuff that they ran any 3000 psi pumps so you should be good to go. Even with a higher rated pump, the relief valve can keep it below your rating. I don't think any of the older cylinders were rated any higher than 2500 psi either.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top