Howes diesel treatment?

(quoted from post at 22:32:11 09/24/23) Sounds like an advertisement.

Useful for diesels. Not intended for gasoline engines.

Use the snake oil of your choice in your gasoline engines, or not.
0-4

Funny this just popped up;

Yesterday I filled up the Kubota, and as I always do I added 1 couple oz of Howe's. My Brother had asked to use My 2N to do some hogging a bout a month ago, stopped up and put 5 gallons of gas in it, then ended up using the Kubota instead. Since he had been planning to use the gas he put in the N he did not use ethanol free, and it's just been sitting there for over a month. I started it up and even after it warmed up, I was hearing a little thwup, thwup, not a whole skip. I had just gone through the carb last fall, put in new plugs, wires, points, and condenser, and adjusted the valves, so I figured there was a little moisture present. Went back in the shop to grab some Sea Foam, but the shelf was bare. I went back out and put a couple oz of the Howe's in it...about 2 minutes later she was purring like a kitten.

Howes claims to do more than just remove water.

Howes claims it Remove Carbon deposits inside the engine? Add Lubricity to cylinders and valves?

Dean,
I asked, is there a gasoline version of Howes?

Doing a google search they claim Howes does make a gas version but I can't find anyone that sells it.

Some claim seafoam, Marvel Mystery oil and stabil will work.

Google says stabil is good for 2 years.
On the bottle of stabil it says only good for 1 year. Gas is good left in my gas tank for over 1 year without stabil.

I was given a case of premixed dry gas for 2 cycles..
It is not worth crap.
Perhaps that is why I was given a case of it.

im not much on howes,power service is better but both left me cold. in winter a gallon or 2 o nolead in 100 gallons diesel n get rolling. in my old 1650 oliver id pour 2 quarts nolead in every tank n never had a problem

(quoted from post at 19:32:11 09/24/23) Sounds like an advertisement.

Useful for diesels. Not intended for gasoline engines.

Use the snake oil of your choice in your gasoline engines, or not.

It is an advertisement. He copied it off their website.

This is undoubtedly all about the hung valve on his Jubilee if you weren't following along on the home game.

Long story short the diesel additives don't do the same thing for gas engines because gas engines (think Ford Jubilee) don't have fuel that gels in extreme cold, or injection pumps or injectors.

Tractor and generators get fresh gas annually.
Carbs on generators get drained when not in use.
Everything else sits over the winter with a full tank. Come spring and tractors are put back to work, I let them run out of gas before adding new gas. Works for me and that's all that counts.

When I go fishing in the winter, I make sure to drain one tank before switching to the other tank. Fill the first tank, then empty the second tank before filling it up.
The boat doesn't get used much except for about a month in January when we go fishing.

Doing a google search they claim Howes does make a gas version but I can't find anyone that sells it.

Their website only shows two products they make for gas vehicles.

A fuel enhancer and an oil enhancer.

I never used anything on the road for years. The truck has a million 200,000 I guess It didn't matter that I didn't use any of that snake oil or patent medicine on it. It is still running and no stuck valves must be the lack of setting all the time. If it was supposed to be there the fuel company would have already added it to the fuel. Don't use anything on the farm tractors we use in the winter and none in the ones setting either. A waste of time and money.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back