Huskee model 13AR608P731 replacing lower drive belt

jateabatta

New User
I am attempting to replace my lower drive belt on my huskee rider with 50" deck. The model number is 13AR608P731. When I attempt to remove the engine pulley, the manual states to remove the hex bolt from the center of the engine pulley. Is this referencing the top bolt or the bottom bolt under the mower? I removed the bottom bolt but the engine pulley will not lower for me to replace the bolt. I am starting to think it means the top bolt and the entire shaft will lower through the engine. Am I correct? And if so, what's the best way to do that? It is rusted on there pretty well seeing as the mower is 10+ years old at this point.

It is the bottom bolt that holds the pulley on. According to the parts diagram you have an electric clutch and an engine pulley for the transmission belts. If the electric clutch is not coming off you will need to use some Liquid wrench or P B blaster and squirt the area between the clutch and engine pulley. Then pry the clutch off. Be careful prying because of the electrical connector and wiring on the clutch. If you are talking about the little pulley for the transmission drive belts soaking it in P B blaster or liquid wrench may help but those pulleys are light weight and do not take to being pried on. I have taken the engine mount bolts out and slid the motor back far enough to get the belt off. Depending on your mower you may have to remove the muffler to slide the engine.

Rodney51Cub covers it pretty well. I have taken the engine mount bolts out, and pried the engine upward enough to fit the end of the belt around the pulley and then bolted the engine back down when I could not get the clutch or engine pulley to move.

Rodney51Cub covers it pretty well. I have taken the engine mount bolts out, and pried the engine upward enough to fit the end of the belt around the pulley and then bolted the engine back down when I could not get the clutch or engine pulley to move.
I saw his recommendation to removing the engine and wanted to get some other input before going that route. I actually managed to get the engine pulley off last night. What I did was remove the flywheel which is directly under the engine pulley, coat the center shaft? That the pulley sits on with pb blaster for about an hour. After that I used some of that ol "physical persuasion" with a hammer and got the clutch to loosen. Once that dropped down I did the same to the engine pulley and got it to come down. I cleaned all the corrosion off the shaft that holds the pieces and hopefully next time it won't be as big of a pain. For the future I know to do some bi-yearly maintenance to stop the parts from seizing together like that. Thank you!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back