The plate should have rubber bushings in the mounting holes. Did they come with your new plate?I purchased a front pump drive plate for a Massey Ferguson three bolt pattern and cannot find the proper bolts to attach it to the front engine pulley , the pulley threads are 3/8 and the drive plate holes are closer to 7/16
Has anyone had the same issue before
Yes it has the rubber bushing and insert but a 3/8 bolt slops around inside the insert , being a mechanic all my life I can’t imagine how it would be centered on the pulley with bolts that don’t fit the holes , I’m thinking like most everything else these parts are made in china and the bushings are metricThe plate should have rubber bushings in the mounting holes. Did they come with your new plate?
Dan
Possibly. I have had problems with the pulleys used on N series. Historically they were threaded 1/4-20 but they morphed into 1/4-28. That went on forp years then one day they morphed into M6.Yes it has the rubber bushing and insert but a 3/8 bolt slops around inside the insert , being a mechanic all my life I can’t imagine how it would be centered on the pulley with bolts that don’t fit the holes , I’m thinking like most everything else these parts are made in china and the bushings are metric
Possibly. I have had problems with the pulleys used on N series. Historically they were threaded 1/4-20 but they morphed into 1/4-28. That went on forp years then one day they morphed into M6.
Any chance you got the flange for a different application? What size bolt fits the holes? If its M10 I would be inclinwd to drill and tap the pulley to match.
The drive plate and shaft with left hand thread was ordered for a 230 Massey Ferguson , furthermore the shaft was 1inch diameter and the pivot pin hole is 1inch diameter so the shaft wouldn’t fit through the pin hole , I turned it down on my lathe enough for clearance to fit through the pin hole , with that problem solved I had to face off the front and back of the drive plate to allow enough clearance between the pulley and axle cradle so the drive plate would fit ..it still appears that I’m going to have to split the cradle from the engine to mount the drive plate .. I wasn’t anticipating this much work to get a front pump installed .. I’m currently using a prince pto pump but I need access to my pto for a post hole digger .. the tractor is a 1979 230 and I’m starting to think it wasn’t ever designed for a front pump but I’ll keep plugging at it until I can figure out a solution to the problem , thanks
I checked around and the three bolt pattern drive plates seem to be all the same , the only difference is the length of the drive shaftMakes me even more inclined to think you have the wrong parts.
Dan
I checked around and the three bolt pattern drive plates seem to be all the same , the only difference is the length of the drive shaft
POSSIBLY you could find (or make, if you have access to a lathe) ''shoulder screws".I purchased a front pump drive plate for a Massey Ferguson three bolt pattern and cannot find the proper bolts to attach it to the front engine pulley , the pulley threads are 3/8 and the drive plate holes are closer to 7/16
Has anyone had the same issue before
EZ-PZ - a foot of 9/16 hex bar stock and a screw cutting lathe. If you can single point without breaking the tool three shoulder screws should take about 45 minutes start to finish.POSSIBLY you could find (or make, if you have access to a lathe) ''shoulder screws".
https://www.mcmaster.com/products/shoulder-bolts/
ONE source of "shoulder screws".
We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.
Copyright © 1997-2025 Yesterday's Tractor Co.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy