hydraulic cleaner

rz farms

Member

I have a new holland skidloader that had water in the hydraulic systems. Now I have sludge build up on the bottom of the tanks.what is a good cheaper way to clean the system. I dont want to use hyd fluid due to the cost.any other tips or tricks I can use
 
(quoted from post at 18:06:15 12/01/15)
I have a new holland skidloader that had water in the hydraulic systems. Now I have sludge build up on the bottom of the tanks.what is a good cheaper way to clean the system. I dont want to use hyd fluid due to the cost.any other tips or tricks I can use

If you can take the tanks off and turn them upside down and use Varsol in a pressure washer. Should clean the sludge in the tanks out and dries completely in a couple of hours with almost no residue.

Never tried this on Hyd tanks but on sludged up oil tanks should be about the same.
 
I can't take tanks out without completely
stripping the machine.but will that stuff eat at
the sludge if I dump it in and then flush it with
water ?
 
Yes it will. Be aware this stuff evaporates pretty quick in small amounts. So dump a lot in, use something to mix it up with the sludge (like a long paint mixer on a drill or other method) then find a good method to suck the mixture out of the tank or disconnect the lines from the tank to let it run into buckets.. You may have to repeat a few times to get most of it out. Be sure to let the tanks dry thoroughly before putting in new fluid.
 
On other question are the tanks plastic or metal?

If plastic try a small amount on an exterior surface to ensure that it does not melt the tank. Never seen it melt one but never know about some of the newer plastic compounds.
 
I just cleaned out a gas tank that was full of varnish with a gallon of naptha. Just poured it in and swished around for a couple of days. Came out spotless.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top