Hydraulic hoses

I just had to replace the hoses on my disk, it took 12 hoses. My question is does anyone use protective coverings on their hoses to protect them from the sun? Do you recommend a cover? When I ordered my hoses I noticed the company offered a canvas cover. So it got me to thinking about it. Thanks for your comments.

tape

UV protective tape is a solution that can extend the life of hoses. The link is to an example I found searching for UV protective tape. Jim

I just had to replace the hoses on my disk, it took 12 hoses. My question is does anyone use protective coverings on their hoses to protect them from the sun? Do you recommend a cover? When I ordered my hoses I noticed the company offered a canvas cover. So it got me to thinking about it. Thanks for your comments.
Good questions.
I recall reading, years ago, an article where a Cornell ag economist stated that it was not economical to build shelter for tillage equipment. Leave it out in the elements.
My 26 foot disc listed for $80,000. I don't know how many hoses are on it. I know it has 8 very expensive tires. It's under cover when it's not in the field. I wasn't sure I believed the economist then, I sure don't now!

u can buy a sock for hoses, is what i call it. like a woven protector. in different sizes, to hold one hose or many hoses.

Yes caterpillar loved them I still get some there from time to time. John Deere doesn’t seem to put many on but a lot of the hoses out and exposed I put the sleeves on if I’m replacing the hose. Figure might as well do my part and yes a lot of times it’s also for anti wear

I use this stuff on my tractors. It's made to cover electric wires. It's slit down the middle and easy to apply without removing any hose connections. It's sold by the foot.

Y44BJD4.jpg

Good questions.
I recall reading, years ago, an article where a Cornell ag economist stated that it was not economical to build shelter for tillage equipment. Leave it out in the elements.
My 26 foot disc listed for $80,000. I don't know how many hoses are on it. I know it has 8 very expensive tires. It's under cover when it's not in the field. I wasn't sure I believed the economist then, I sure don't now!
It depends entirely on your property tax rate and assessment. Here in southern NH taxes for a shed for that disc would run around $3,000/yr. That would buy a lot of tires, hoses and paint.

It depends entirely on your property tax rate and assessment. Here in southern NH taxes for a shed for that disc would run around $3,000/yr. That would buy a lot of tires, hoses and paint.
Wow, here property taxes on any active ag ground is nill. And in ag ground you everything other than you house requires no building permits or code compliance.

Sure glad I don't live in NH. I only have 3 acres, but my taxes for my entire property aren't $3,000 and that includes a 24'x40' and 30'x48' pole barn.
DJI_0003.JPG

Sure glad I don't live in NH. I only have 3 acres, but my taxes for my entire property aren't $3,000 and that includes a 24'x40' and 30'x48' pole barn.View attachment 64753
But, but, NH is known as tax free!!! but then you need to qualify that with we have no sales tax. Our towns taxes property taxes are around the 65 % level for the state, but many of us see that considering that we have no municipal water, or sewer, and full time Fire Dept. for only nine hours a day that our taxes are a little high. I am able to keep my "sheet metal" under cover but most everything that has none stays out, and is protected by abundant grease. Of course a shed is no protection against water unless it is air tight and climate controlled. In my shop with concrete floor the condensation used to run right off them 3-4 times a year before I started running a dehumidifier.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back