Hydraulic remotes suddenly quit working

I am having a strange problem with my FEL tractor, my Massey Ferguson 265. It is one of the tractors with an auxiliary hydraulic filter and just one lever to operate the remotes. I had been pulling a round baler with it about a month ago. It only has one set of remotes, so I have to unhook the FEL to attach the baler's hydraulic lines. I was sick from heat when I parked it, and I forgot to reattach the loader lines after I unhooked the baler. Yesterday, I hooked up the loader and went to lift the bucket. However, the remote lever kicked out of position every time I tried to lift the loader. I could only lift the loader if I held the lever in position. Lifting the baler gate was the same story. It is as though there is an enormous resistance now. Everything was fine when I parked. Does anyone have any ideas?
 
I am having a strange problem with my FEL tractor, my Massey Ferguson 265. It is one of the tractors with an auxiliary hydraulic filter and just one lever to operate the remotes. I had been pulling a round baler with it about a month ago. It only has one set of remotes, so I have to unhook the FEL to attach the baler's hydraulic lines. I was sick from heat when I parked it, and I forgot to reattach the loader lines after I unhooked the baler. Yesterday, I hooked up the loader and went to lift the bucket. However, the remote lever kicked out of position every time I tried to lift the loader. I could only lift the loader if I held the lever in position. Lifting the baler gate was the same story. It is as though there is an enormous resistance now. Everything was fine when I parked. Does anyone have any ideas?
The lever kicks out on excess pressure. Sounds like a quick coupler is not going together correctly/fully or it has developed some other restriction.
 
The couplers seem to lock. The ball in one of the connections on the tractor is harder to push in than the other. The book I have on the 265 suggested adjustments for the issue either up or down, but not both. The lever kicks out regardless of direction. The lever feels normal when I put it into position, so I don't think it is the ball detent? Could the pressure relief valve have gone bad? Can a clogged filter cause symptoms like this?
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top