Hydraulics on WD45

WHITE FALCON

New User
Where is the filter and screen for the hydraulics. I have seen a reference to them in the books but no location or pictures.
Is it possible there is air in the hydraulic lines that keeps the blade from lifting above 3"? Thanks for the help.

According to the parts book, there isn't one. Simple elbow on the pump that sucks from the reservoir. Do your arms work without the blade? Do you have the pump set right? Oil level good?
AaronSEIA

(quoted from post at 16:28:52 02/22/23) According to the parts book, there isn't one. Simple elbow on the pump that sucks from the reservoir. Do your arms work without the blade? Do you have the pump set right? Oil level good?
AaronSEIA
Arms work well w/out blade. On first start the blade lifts 9" or so but after lowering it will not go up over 2 or 3 ". A friend suggested the filter or air in the lines. This tractor is new to me. It may have not ever had 3 point on it before. I don t know if the adjustments are right the book shows the procedure for that but haven t gone there yet. Hydraulic is full. Thanks. Will check the pressure after the blizzard we are have now is over.

I m changing the hydraulic fluid. Should I rinse out the body and do I need to bleed the system someway after I put new fluid in? I need all the advice I can get. Thanks in advance.

Shouldn't need to rinse it out. Bleeding is as simple as running the arms up and down a few times.
AaronSEIA

I hope you are draining the correct compartment. You should get about 6 quarts of oil if it was FULL. As dirty as I can imagine that compartment actually is, I would certainly flush a gallon or two of diesel full thru that area and do not start the tractor until it has drained overnite. Install the drain plug and refill with 6 quarts of hydraulic fluid. I still think you're going to wind up pulling the pump and have it freshened up. Do you have screw "D" screwed completely out ??? Do you have an official AC owners manual to read up on the hydraulic pumps adjustments ?? Quit listening to your friend. He clearly doesn't know squat about a WD45 hydraulic pump. There is no filter. The pump requires no bleeding.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back