I Can See The Light!!!

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
After a very, very long winter here in N. IL, I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! Last night I was doing chores at 5:30 p.m. and I still had a little daylight to help me-and the temps are suppose to be heading up! At least I didn't see any more single digit temps coming, and we might be close to 45 this Sunday- Hot Damn!! I really need about two more months to finish my "winter project" but I will sure take a 60 degree day too! Think Spring y'all!
 
I know you are right. Saw a blue Jay last week and heard Chickadees warbling in the trees yesterday. Hope they can find nesting materials through the 6 inches of snow on the ground. Supposed to be 48 here in western, Ohio by Sunday... Gene
 
I am 100mi west of you and we had 2deg this morning and tell me how is it going to get 40 when snow is everyplace piked high on the roadsides and they are calling for more this pm im with ya it can leave anytime but it takes rain to melt this much snow.
 
Didn't see the forcast for late next week then did ya? More arctic air settling in over us by Thursday? Sorry I had to be the one to break it to you.
 
A hundred miles or so south of you , i noticed that also last night. i'm not quite sure if was just because the sun shown up finally yesterday or what
 
Monday its was 88, then the bottom fell out. Tues it was 53 and 27 at night. Now we're going back up. Supposed to be 80 on Sunday before the bottom drops out again and 49 on Monday. Think these warm temps sound good? The ping-pong has everybody's sinuses going wild, things growing too soon and then get nipped, people are sick. Last year March was extremely warm and the coastal jumped up and got started in the hayfield, then April was like a ice box. Went to a tractor company's "customer appreciation day" in mid-April. It was cold with a biting 15-20mph north wind, everyone was huddled up next to the barbeque grill. I finally gave up and went inside and sat on a box of oil. CRAZY weather!
 
Here in North Carolina we had a high in the 60s on Tuesday, Yesterday it was in the low 40s with snow flurries and the sun shining. This morning the temp was 15! Up in the mountains near TN they got 4-12 in snow. CRAZY
 
Yes, we here west of Murphy about 8 miles from Tn got a good 41/2 inches of snow. The Temp never got over 26 and was 16 overnite last. Right now its 4:30 PM and the temps got up to 36 today. Hoping for more tomorrow. Just about ready for spring with the pear, peach, plum trees starting to bud, the daffodils starting to bloom and the daylillies up about 6 inches. Henry
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top