I finally saw it....

Back about 3 or 4 project tractors (10-12years) ago i was told by a 3rd or 4th party of a 5000 sos with a farmhand F11 loader with trans issues. It was suppose to be in my general area. We never did locate it at that time all tho many diffrent people talked about it... you see the early blue series fords are not very common in my area..

fast forward to about a week and half ago.. a friend of the family called me and asked if i would be willing to bale some small bales of hay.. So I take my 4000 and NH277 7.5 miles down the road and bale a couple hundred bales for him. When I pulled in he took a step or two back and asked me a few questions about my 4000. I answered them then baled for him, when done he offered to trade me half what I had baled for the baling bill.. (I never intended to be payed i was just helping him out... i told him that) but he insisted. So I went and got dads bale wagon and returned. When i got it loaded and was getting ready to leave, he asked if i knew of the 5000 with a loader on it that was just around the block. He and I compared notes and its the same tractor that i have heard about for over a decade.. He drew me a map in the dirt and I took a detour on the way home with the load of hay..

I finally saw it.. hidden back under a loafing shed with trees growing in front of it, when I got home I had a text message with contact info of the owners (they live out of the area now).. So not only did I get about 3.5 ton of hay for helping a fellow out I got contact info for another tractor. (honestly Im more excited about seeing this tractor and getting contact info)

Any way on to the questions... from what I saw and have been told 5000 diesel SOS that ran when parked due to shifting issues w/farmhand f11 loader. I swear it has the white stripe/louvered hood and early grille.(what year did they do these) the trees Growing around and in front of it are at least 6" in dia so its been a while.

I think monday im going to get on the phone and get permission to go look closer..

Interesting story.
If you get it we'll have to start calling you Sherlock Holmes.
Let us know more as you find out about it.
The louvered hood and wrap around grill was used untill 4/68.

I swear it has the white stripe/louvered hood and early grille.(what year did they do these)

The louvered hoods and wrap around lower grills were used in tractors made from the beginning of the production run (late 1964 for the 1965 model year) through the end of March 1968. They switched to the smooth sided hoods on 4/1/68, although there are some notes in at least one service manual I've seen saying that the old style tractors were made alongside the new style for several more months, with the last old style tractors being produced on July 19 1968.

Defiantly get permission to go see it and take photos, I enjoy seeing barn finds, picked up a couple myself.

Heard about some equipment in these two barns around 5 years ago

mvphoto38986.jpg

mvphoto38987.jpg

This is what we found after cutting the brush and trees back

Tractor had been setting for 20 years
mvphoto38988.jpg

Picker had been in the barn for over 30 years
The tree stump just in front of the plastic jug was 8" dia.
mvphoto38989.jpg

Tractor runs but needs a few seals replaced.
Picker works great, used it last year.

That would be an awesome machine. I have two 5000 diesel SOS that I use for haying and love them. Loader makes them even handier. I hope it all works out for you. Post the pictures when you can.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back