Identification of an 8N Loader

Ehud75

New User
I have an 8N loader (pictured). I am trying to figure out what type of loader this is so I can begin to repair the hydraulic cylinder on the bucket.

I found the dataplate on the cylinder:
Wagner Iron Works
Model# H800-30
the rod is 1 1/4" in diameter and pin to pin it looks to be 27" long. The case looks 22" long.

I thought this was a WM1, WM2 or WM3 but it looks way different and the parts don't match the manual.

mvphoto106188.jpg

(quoted from post at 12:11:20 05/29/23) I have an 8N loader (pictured). I am trying to figure out what type of loader this is so I can begin to repair the hydraulic cylinder on the bucket.

Wagner Iron Works
Model# H800-30
the rod is 1 1/4" in diameter and pin to pin it looks to be 27" long. The case looks 22" long.

I thought this was a WM1, WM2 or WM3 but it looks way different and the parts don't match the manual.

It is not a WM anything. Those were jungle gym frames and yours is a step through. It would seem to be a model H800 - never heard of that. You dont need to know any of that to rebuild the cylinder. It will use generic parts that you can get at most any hydraulic shop. Takecthe cylinder and old parts in andcmhey will match them up.

TOH

This post was edited by TheOldHokie on 05/29/2023 at 05:08 pm.

(quoted from post at 17:07:18 05/29/23)
(quoted from post at 12:11:20 05/29/23) I have an 8N loader (pictured). I am trying to figure out what type of loader this is so I can begin to repair the hydraulic cylinder on the bucket.

Wagner Iron Works
Model# H800-30

It is not a WM anything. Those were jungle gym frames and yours is a step through. It would seem to be a model H800 - never heard of that. You dont need to know any of that to rebuild the cylinder. It will use generic parts that you can get at most any hydraulic shop. Takecthe cylinder and old parts in andcmhey will match them up.

TOH

The hydraulic cylinder is made by Wagner (pictured)

Thanks for confirming that the whole thing isn't Wagner Iron works

mvphoto106195.jpg

Those appear to be the same cylinders that are on my WM3. The only thing you can replace in them are the V packing stack. Pretty simple job.

someone welded the tube that connects to the bucket to the piston rod. So mine won't come apart quite like the WM3 diagrams.

(quoted from post at 20:14:50 05/29/23)
(quoted from post at 17:07:18 05/29/23)

Wagner Iron Works
Model# H800-30

TOH

The hydraulic cylinder is made by Wagner (pictured)

Thanks for confirming that the whole thing isn't Wagner Iron works

Thats not what I said. Its a Wagner loader just not a WM series. Probsbly one of the later Power Loader series. Parts for the cylinders are basically generic and easy to source. If somebody welded the cylibder I would be looking for a new cylinder.

Dan

(quoted from post at 23:22:51 05/29/23)
someone welded the tube that connects to the bucket to the piston rod. So mine won't come apart quite like the WM3 diagrams.

Are you saying the rod end (#1 in the parts picture) is welded to the piston rod and won't come off? If so, you unscrew the gland nut (#6), pull the complete rod assembly out of the barrel and disassemble it from the piston end. Many cylinders manufactured have to be done that way as their rod ends are not removeable. If the gland has been welded to the cylinder barrel you will need a new cylinder, or a good machine shop.

(quoted from post at 23:22:51 05/29/23)

The Wagner Power Loader msnual can be downloaded from NTC. A quick look shows H800 as the base part number for all of the cylinders but I did not see that particular one. I was using my phone and may have missed it. As I said - parts for all of those cylinders are generic.

TOH

(quoted from post at 08:17:50 05/30/23) Wow!

That NTC website is outstanding.
Thank you!

You are welcome. If you can make an ID using that manual I would be interested in hearing what model you have. Single bucket cylinder seems to be the key.

TOH

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back