Identify this plow

Bharpold

New User
Does anyone know what brand plow this is? There is a small tag on it but you can’t read it. Thanks guys
IMG_9564.jpeg
IMG_9563.jpeg
 
First thought, maybe a Dearborn. Got to looking at the hitch and think possibly a AC snap coupler that someone converted to 3 point. You might want to do some searching on line because the split moldboard is very unusual. I've seen slat bottoms in brochures, but they are usually at least 3 or 4 slats not 2. Good luck with your search.
 
There is a tag mounted to the cross member behind the first moldboard. From what I can see the tag is still there but I could not get it big enough and yet read it.
 
I have seen old ads for Newgren plows, which were designed for the Newgren 3-point Jeep hitch, with that split moldboard and shin design. It was called a Forgy base. The hitch has obviously been 're-engineered', but some other parts don't match up with the Newgren pictures I could find.
Newgren plow brochures I just found this link. It appears to be an early short-mast 2 bottom Newgren made specifically for the Newgren hitch. A rare plow that unfortunately someone butchered up to make work on a tractor 3-point.
 
First thought, maybe a Dearborn. Got to looking at the hitch and think possibly a AC snap coupler that someone converted to 3 point. You might want to do some searching on line because the split moldboard is very unusual. I've seen slat bottoms in brochures, but they are usually at least 3 or 4 slats not 2. Good luck with your search.
I’ve looked everywhere online for the split moldboard and can’t find much. I bought a 6 ft disc and he threw that in with it. I haven’t used it yet but getting ready too. Thanks for your time.
Is the tag missing? I can see where it's supposed to be in the second picture.
its there but cant read it
Is the tag missing? I can see where it's supposed to be in the second picture.
There is a tag mounted to the cross member behind the first moldboard. From what I can see the tag is still there but I could not get it big enough and yet read it.
It’s hard to read I can see a 12 and that’s it
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top