IH 120 Mower Problem

I am having problems with the breakaway being too sensitive. The least bit of drag and it opens up. I tightened the spring but it did not help. Please help! Thanks
 
Several thing I would check: If it just started
Dirt or foreign object(s) in latch
Cracked or weak spring

Latch and/or socket excessivly worn. If this is the case you may be able to build it up with weld. Carefully reshape the mating surfaces. Hobart makes a rod called "Nomacast" that I have had excellent luck on cast parts/peices. Good Luck!
 
To add to wvfarmerboy's good list, would be to check spring tension for the cutterbar. If there's too much weight on the inner shoe with the bar down, that can cause the break away to trip quite a bit. It could also be caused by a tired lift spring, bent drawbar &/or mounting plate, low drawbar height or different tractor than usual, low caster wheel tire pressure, to name a few.

Good luck,
Mike
 
Like wvfarmerboy said, the latch is probly warn out. Had mine welded up at the same time they fixed a crack in the main frame. Works great now. Good mower.

Ben
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top