IH 240 BKT tires

DanTo

I'm still shopping for 13.6-24 tires for my IH 240 Utility. The most reasonable ones I have found are BKT brand TR135 R-1. Wondering if anyone has used BKT tires and how you like them? This tractor will see very little use and always stored inside. I wanted Carlisle tires as I have them on my IH 140, but our local tire shop doesn't seem to be able to locate any of them in that size.

I have BKT tires on my 300 and they do a good job for me. They have good traction. They are made in Turkey but so are a lot of things.

I have had a set of BKT on my loader tractor for about 11 years, they are wearing well, no cracking or checking, this tractor is kept inside. JD2350 is what they are on.

Thank you for all of the replies. I think my main concern is if the tread design will look good. Dad bought this IH 240 new, but it was traded off many years ago. I found it about 60 miles from here by putting an IN SEARCH OF ad on Craigslist (I did have the serial number from some of Dad's old paper work). I am going to restore it and want it to look as good as it can including a nice tread design on the tires. Are the BKT tire tread design okay for a nicely restored tractor?

The tread looked just like some Goodyear tires I looked at before I bought these. Price was a LOT better also.

300GUY
Thanks for the additional reply. Yes, I think I am going to go with the BKT tires----like you say, the price is a lot better!

I will take titan tires way before BKT. They dont even look good on a restored tractor. The lugs are too wide. Left in the Sun they will crack before other major brands. Spending a bit extra now saves later.

I'm a little late here. For me, the most important thing in rear tires is to match the overall height on both sides. Here is a BKT on the left and an original Goodyear on the right. The BKT has fatter bars but the height is a perfect match. This keeps the tractor level for the implements. Nothin' worse than a tractor that doesn't sit level.

mvphoto107494.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back