IH 2A Hay Crimper

doehmke

Member
I just picked up an IH 2A Hay Crimper. I see where a hydraulic cylinder would attach, but not sure how it would mount into the slot on the tongue end of the cylinder. Doesn't look like a pin would hold the cylinder in place. Also, can I use it manually without a cylinder?

Thanks,


Dan
 
My brother had rented a New Holland or a Gehl, he was cutting 8 ft tall Sudan grass he left it in the raised position.
 
Standard ASAE cylinder fits, pin rests in the slot. Don't know why they did the slot, probably some quick-change idea for sharing the cylinder with another implement.
 
Good Morning! Yes, the pin just rests in the notch on the tongue. The weight of the machine holds it in there. That notch will make it easier to pull the cylinder when you need it for another machine. Also, I personally would not recommend running without the cylinder. The bottom roller needs to be kept off of the ground to prevent damage to it & it won't pick up cut hay very well unless the roller is tickling the top of the stubble. It's also a great pain in the fender to unplug the rollers if the machine can't be lifted to separate them to pull the hay out & sometimes that ain't enough. So, take your pocket knife with you.

Good Luck!
Mike
 
The weight of the machine keeps the cylinder pin in the slot. It is designed that way so that if you happen to go to low with the machine that it wont lift the wheels up. Yes, you must have a cylinder on the machine. I have deal that I tried on mine that looks like a ratcheting load binder but with cylinder clevis's and pins on each end. After getting off 5 times in less than a quarter mile to adjust it on rough ground, I just put the cylinder on. I have some pretty rough ground I cover so maybe yours will work better.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top