IH 354 running rough

Mark Stierle

New User
Afternoon everyone having some problems with my IH 354 tractor. Starts but runs rough, backfire thru the exhaust and carb and wont come up past idle any ideas. I just rebuilt the carb and didn't seem to change anything. Was thinking governor spring but it is not broke. I did notice that when the tractor is not running the linkage to the carb from the governor is really loss and no tension. Second question is where can I get parts for this being it is a British made tractor.

Fuel flow to the carb might limit running faster. Ignition problems like points almost closed would also do that. Jim

A friend has a 354 that was hard start rough run. Points had slipped nearly closed. Reset points to .020 and it ran good.

I have a note that for points check NAPA CS788 or Standard Blue Streak DR-2240

Distributor # was 204 7953342 Made in England by AC Delco

(quoted from post at 06:56:52 07/17/20) A friend has a 354 that was hard start rough run. Points had slipped nearly closed. Reset points to .020 and it ran good.

I have a note that for points check NAPA CS788 or Standard Blue Streak DR-2240

Distributor # was 204 7953342 Made in England by AC Delco

Thank you that helps will check it later. All the ignition stuff like the points is all original so I'm sure it all needs changed.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back