IH 37 baler

burng2003

New User
I have an IH 37 baler. I am interested to see if anyone has used the plastice twine in the baler and how it works. Any comments would be appreciated. In our area it is hard to get regular twine so I was thinking about trying the plastic twine Thanks in advance for your input.
 
Last summer, there were several postings about trouble with plastic twine in these older series balers. You might want to see if the comments are still in the research & info area.
 
All you can do is try it. Make sure it is not for round balers. If it pulls out of the twine disc's you can take them apart and remove some of the spacers to make them grip tighter and be sure your "twine end retainer spring" is in good shape. I have used plastic in IH balers without any more trouble than sisal twine but I have had to make some adjustments too.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top