IH 383, worth it?

johnahowell

New User
I'm looking at an IH 383 2WD. It is in good shape as far as I know, the previous owner, my late uncle, took good care of it treated it like a show tractor. After sitting dormant for 3 years, it started right up and sounded great.
I have no idea what thee tractor is worth or if parts are readily available for it.
Are they are similar to the 384 or 385 enough to use those parts?
Can I add a loader to this tractor?
I want to give my aunt a fair price but finding the worth is difficult at best.

I appreciate any and all advice/information, thank you

Attachments

• 101128.jpeg
    101128.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 101130.jpeg
    101130.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 36
  • 101134.jpeg
    101134.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 101136.jpeg
    101136.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 39
Kind of a gray market tractor, here anyway. Kind of kills the resale market. I have had a hard time getting some parts for some models, from Komatsu. The 284 was sold more as a main stream model here in the U.S. Kind of like JD selling Yanmar built tractors. I have seen loaders on them but may be hard to find a used one with the low numbers sold, here anyway. Check tractor wreckers. No idea of any new loader being built to fit anymore. I have seen where they sold a lot of them in New Zealand/Australia. Maybe more sold on the east coast of U.S and Canada?

....James

Smaller tractor than the 384 that were built in Britain. Built in Japan by Komatsu. Totally different tractor. Has a Nissan diesel engine. More like a 284. They also built bigger units, the 483 and 583....James

https://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/3/2/324-international-harvester-383.html

Yes, the one I am looking at is from Japan with the Nissan motor. There is some documentation that it may have been at an Ag show in 1981 in Iowa.

I don't know where to look for a current value though

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back