IH 8 Little Genius plow

Ram1

I just purchased this one bottom pull type plow I believe is a #8 Little Genius international Harvester plow Id like to know if anyone can confirm that thats what it is, I will attach photos of the plow and the numbers on the main beam and on the moldboard. I am trying to determine the year of manufactures s size of the moldboard.
The number on the frame looks like PO 14803.
The moldboard has 03088.

Based on your moldboard number, it is an 18" "KA" bottom. Double check your beam part number and post a picture of the whole plow.

Hello Ram1 welcome to YT! This site limits picture posting until you have a 5 post count. This is in place to keep unwanted pics put up by a malicious poster, family oriented here. You can go to the ..Site Comments.. section in the link and post there ..YT support new user picture posting.., They are generally fairly quick to respond. On an off note I am a personal friend of the original owner of the Chevrolet USA1 4x4 monster truck.
Picture posting permission here

(quoted from post at 21:28:38 05/18/21) Based on your moldboard number, it is an 18" "KA" bottom. Double check your beam part number and post a picture of the whole plow.
mvphoto75553.jpg

mvphoto75554.jpg

mvphoto75555.jpg

Yes it is a Little Genius Single Bottom plow. I have one like it.

The PO is for Parlin and Orendorff, a plow manufacturer owned by IH.

Thanks for the information, do you have and idea what year it was manufactured? I purchased it to go with my 1936 JB modelB.

I have no idea when mine was made, and I do not know how to find the date of manufacture on one. They were made (I think) from the late 1920's through sometime in the 1950's, but I think that the steel wheeled ones are more likely earlier models rather than later. My guess is 1930's - early '40's for mine.

Mine has the cast iron moldboard and shares, even though I took them off and laid them aside so they wouldn't get broken. I put a Super Chief frog and bottom on mine so I could use it and have wear parts available if I needed them. The Super Chief bottom works perfectly.

A John Deere B should pull that plow easily, I pull mine with a Farmall B.

Single bottom Little Genius Plows are not very common, at least around here.

Thanks for your help. I guess I will start restoring it now. I may need more help as I go forward. Thanks again.

It is a Little Genius Number 8 - 18 inch. I still don't get a hit on that part number. But the 18 inch version of that model is enough different from other versions that it may just be in a separate parts catalog that I don't have.

From what I have looked at, it appears this model was built from 1929 through 1955. I agree with what Red Dave said about the wheels suggesting a fairly early build. There was nothing on these plows that directly tells when they were built.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back