IH 806 diesel pump

Shahn

Member
I need to remove the diesel pump from my 1966 IH 806. I removed the site cover on the side. I was told I need to line up two marks under this cover to find top dead center on the #1 cylinder. I see the mark on the rear ring but I cannot find a mark on the front ring that spins when the starter is bumped. If the front ring doesn't have a mark, is there another way to find top dead center?
 
Well if you are turning it with the starter you are probably missing the line as sometimes they are vary faint . On the bellhouseing on the right side of the tractor there is a cover that has two 1/4 inch bolts holding it on ( 7/16ths) wrench size , there should be a pointer under this cover . remove the coverand if the pointer is there reinstall the two bolts to hold the pointer in place , now turn the flywheel with a prybar untill ya see the timing marks now for some reason probably because it is late and i am tired i can not off the top of my head remember what the pump sets at. Had to dig out the book 8 degrees before for a roosamaster and 50 degrees before for a RD SO ya turn the flywheel in direction of rotation till ya find the mark then look in the timing window . IF ya don't find it then turn 180 and look again . Now there has been several times that ya could not find the line and then the best way and ain't the easiest is to pull the valve cover and get it this way then ya know for sure that you are on #1 TDC plus 8 or 50 depending on your pump.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top