ih model 200 parts question

ericlb

i hope this isnt a stupid post but i need some help here, i have need of a manure spreader for a one time use on about 20acres, im in nm, and quickly found there there are none around this area to be rented or borrowed, now what i have on the place is what i believe 99% is a model 200 ih spreader, its in sad shape and was drug in here years ago from a auction for a completly different purpose, which it was never used for either, as far as i can tell the major things wrong are; the floor is in tough shape but reasonably there but the chain and paddles are broken and missing a section, there is a piece of what looks l;ike a rubber conveyor belt laying on the floor, but i dont know if thats a part too, or just was thrown in there to cover the floor,there is a 4 sided "lug" piece on the side back by the drive wheel that has 3 of the lugs broken off and missing, will it still spread reasonable without that? all the other parts and chains seem to be present but need a little work to get them working, is there any place to get some parts for this thing? i have no idea what year it is, i hate to even start with this thing as its sat for who knows how long, but there just isnt any other ones around my area also i want to use a old rotary hoe that is here on the place to go over the 20 acres after i spread, the area is grass, now this also has sat,... it came with the place... its a john deere model and its pretty old with wooden bearings on the spiked wheels, it apears to be mostly there, and the wheels arnt frozen up, just a few bent and missing teeth, and i can use parts off the wings it has to replace a few damaged wheels, and just use the main section of it for this job, my question on it is the bearings which seem pretty loose, i know you dont use grease on wooden bearings as it, combined with dirt, makes a nice grinding compound, but what should i do to this thing to work it???

The hunk of belting is probably just junk. The apron chain, the floor chain that is, on the IHC 100 and 200 was a type "S" chain and is hard to come by. The standard 67 or 67H apron chain will NOT work. I know this for sure as I tried on my 200. If there's enough there to make a complete chain it may hold up or may be so worn it will break right off. The wood floor can be replaced with treated 5/4" decking. The 4 lobed cog sounds like an idler. I had one that got lost and I replaced it with a hunk of hard wood cut on a curve to act as a chain tensioner.

I don't know what paddles you mean. The widespread on an IHC is made up IIRC of 4 sections of solid flighting, not paddles as on a NH or NI. If you mean the teeth on the shredders, yes, it will work, but poorly.

Is this what your spreader looks like?
a152834.jpg

a152835.jpg

Will start with the hoe first. John Deere did not use wood in their hoes so must not be a Deere. And YES you do grease the wood bearings and lots of grease. Now the spreader that with the lobes broken off sounds like what drives the web in the floor, possibly would work but with 3 broken off you would be traveling 4 times as far to unload a 1/4 thick spread of material.

Bret---I'm responding to you since you are quite familiar with the 200 man. sprdr. I just checked my 200 to refresh my memory:: The idlers at the front of the apron have five teeth on each sprocket--The rear drive sprockets each have six teeth--The wide-spread beater has just two sections--And I found that there is no part that has four lobes. I thought that Eric might have been refering to the cam lobes that actuate the apron, but there are just three lobes on it. I think Eric needs to give us more info----

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back