loader. It has one weight on each wheel
front and back. I think it needs more in
the rear and ran across some but they are
different. Are they interchangeable?
First pic is what is on it now. Second
pic is what I found.
cvphoto113337.jpg

cvphoto113338.jpg

Measure the bolt spacing. If the are alike then bolt them on. Or you could use half weights and bolt them on the inside without removing anything.

its all up to you now,... u have both weights there. second pic. is farmall M weights. so measure things out.

The bolt patterns on the weights are different for different wheel/rim types.

The weights you show in your picture are "Farmall" weights that fit anything with an IH cast steel wheel center. Generally that means 34" and 38" wheels on Farmall tractors. They can be used on anything from an H or M up through the last American row crop tractors IH made (some need a starter weight).

For the stamped steel wheel centers there are several different bolt patterns, because those centers were sourced from other companies. 34" stamped steel wheels on Farmall tractors have a special type of weights. Standard tread tractors have a special type of weights. Farmall A-B and Super A have their own special weights. 28", 26" and 24" wheel centers on the various utility tractors made over the years each have their own special weights.

Unfortunately weights for your 424 are going to be hard to find, certainly much harder than the common Farmall weights you picture.

Kind of an echo of what rustred says. Measure the 4 holes with the square insets on the M weights. If they are the same distance apart as the four the four that bolt the weights to your tractor they will work. You will have to get 2 bolts per side long enough to go through both weights and wheel and you will need to utilize a large washer over the square on the M weights. There is a possibility that the holes on the M weights you see at 10 and 4 oclock may allow you to bolt them on with shorter bolts to the slots on outer edge of your weights shown near top and bottom. And yes 2 bolts will hold them on fine if they are kept tight. All this said they will look a little unusual sticking out as they will because they are not really made for your tractor.

I had a 340 IH tractor, that's looks like about the same wheel weight, but it been to long to say for sure,but their is a part number cast into them, then do some research and find whats interchangable,and get some more from a salvage yard and some long bolts, then your in business !!

I don't know if the measurements are the same or not, but this is a factory set that came on 574 and 674s. They measured 11.25 center to center of the bolt holes. They look the same as in your picture other than these are a 2 piece setup which is way more convenient to install. May give you more options to search for if they match up mounting wise.
cvphoto113400.jpg

cvphoto113401.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back