IH584 with loader

old

Well-known Member
So I may need to use it this year to bale my hay with instead of my Oliver S88. I wonder if I should drop the loader or leave it on. It is also the tractor I use to move the bales so it will be a hook unhook to do what needs to be done. I know I'll have to use the bucket hyds for the baler but either way it is not going to be the way I would like ot do the hay but it has to be done
 
How many bales do you generally make? I doubt it is worth it given you are going to have to move some bales before you finish baling from what you posted and it sounds like you haven't taken it off very often, if ever, before.
 
How many bales do you generally make? I doubt it is worth it given you are going to have to move some bales before you finish baling from what you posted and it sounds like you haven't taken it off very often, if ever, before.
Since it was given to me a number of years ago the loader has not been off so while it looks easy I know putting it back on could be a can of worms
 
Add to that you say your health limits what you can do. Leave it on and get haying.
Again it comes into having to learn what gear to run and the PTO on it if I'm thinking right is hyd engage so keeping from shearing shear bolts on the NH850 may take a bit if figuring out. I've never used the PTO on it. Don't know if you remember this is the tractor that was given to me because it caught fire
 
Doesn't matter how you got it. More concerning is that you have never used the PTO by the sounds. Sometimes it seems like you keep coming up with things to stop yourself from trying to get it done. You aren't going to know until you hook it up and try.

How many bales are you hoping to make?
 
Again it comes into having to learn what gear to run and the PTO on it if I'm thinking right is hyd engage so keeping from shearing shear bolts on the NH850 may take a bit if figuring out. I've never used the PTO on it. Don't know if you remember this is the tractor that was given to me because it caught fire
Are you square baling or running a round baler?
Never mind, looked it up.
What's the worst the PTO can do, not turn on or not shut off?
Both things are pretty easy to check without the baler being hooked up.
You can also feather those PTO's like a regular clutch to get them going, if that worries you.
Start out slow and work your way up faster.
You will probably end up around that L4, H1 area depending on the hay.
 
Last edited:
If it is an IH 2250 loader no stands are required. Do not remove the hydraulic hoses until the loader is on the ground.
My brother has a CIH 3230 with IH 2250 loader on it. The 3230 is two generations newer than 584 but basically the same tractor with a few improvements.
See photo below, although my brother puts the bucket flat on the ground.
Pull the two pins by the loader mount in front of the clutch and brake pedal, backup until the loader frame is about half way along the front mount points like photo below then use the boom hydraulic lever to lift the boom and the front of the loader frame will start to go towards the ground like Blue arrow, back up slow while still using the boom hydraulic lever to lower the loader frame to the ground, you may have to adjust the bucket hydraulic lever to keep the bucket flat on the ground. Keep backing while watching the hydraulic hoses for snagging and working the boom lever until the front of the loader frame is on the ground and is clear of the front mount, now shut off the tractor and remove the hydraulic lines at the couplers. If the loader is sitting in the sun there may be a problem getting the hydraulic couplers reconnected when you go to install the loader as the sun will heat the hydraulic oil in the black hose and the oil will expand making the quick couple difficult to reconnect.
So park the loader in the shade.
Hope this helps.


1790641214644.png
 
If it is an IH 2250 loader no stands are required. Do not remove the hydraulic hoses until the loader is on the ground.
My brother has a CIH 3230 with IH 2250 loader on it. The 3230 is two generations newer than 584 but basically the same tractor with a few improvements.
See photo below, although my brother puts the bucket flat on the ground.
Pull the two pins by the loader mount in front of the clutch and brake pedal, backup until the loader frame is about half way along the front mount points like photo below then use the boom hydraulic lever to lift the boom and the front of the loader frame will start to go towards the ground like Blue arrow, back up slow while still using the boom hydraulic lever to lower the loader frame to the ground, you may have to adjust the bucket hydraulic lever to keep the bucket flat on the ground. Keep backing while watching the hydraulic hoses for snagging and working the boom lever until the front of the loader frame is on the ground and is clear of the front mount, now shut off the tractor and remove the hydraulic lines at the couplers. If the loader is sitting in the sun there may be a problem getting the hydraulic couplers reconnected when you go to install the loader as the sun will heat the hydraulic oil in the black hose and the oil will expand making the quick couple difficult to reconnect.
So park the loader in the shade.
Hope this helps.


View attachment 165537
I wouldn't even bother taking it off, unless I'm going to bale 1000 bales.
 
I wouldn't even bother taking it off, unless I'm going to bale 1000 bales.
I have a hunch that after it is taken off once, it won't happen again for the rest of the season, no matter how easy it is to remove/mount. Just don't be one of those guys that runs the loader all the way up and leaves it there "so I can see better". Keep it low for stability.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top