IHC 350 to V8

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
i wanna put a V8 in a IH 350 gas tractor for fun to see how far i get, would the flywheel off the four cylinder bolt to the back of the crankshalf of the 345 cu in motor so that i can use the tractors own clutch or is it out of the question, everybody has seen 350 chevys in farmall M pictures, what you say boys.
 
Go to the Farmall board. There is a guy in Granger Iowa that has done that. I think he's in texas right now. But he frequents the board.
 
just reading between the lines i see you have already been doin thinking , i dont know what to do but as you go i would like to see pictures OK, grab those wrenches.
 
I say- stupid. But then again, that's just my personal opinion. The drivetrain is not equipped to handle the power of any V8.
 
I'm curious to know if the frame rails are wide enough on the H-350 tractors to allow the V-8 engine to sit in there?
 
Must not be that hard to do as many different engines have been installed over the yrs and the drive train will hold up with reasonable use until you weight the tractor down enough to have traction.
 
Here's an H with a Ford Flathead v-8 in it:

H_V8.jpg


H_V8_2.jpg


And one with a Chevy v-6:

SuperHv6_1.jpg


SuperHv6_2.jpg


You won't have any drivetrain related problems unless you run really high rpm and/or weight the tractor down with oversize tires.
 
Scoutman, here is what I would. do Take the M flywheel and have bolt holes welded up. Then have A good machinest work it over and redrill the holes to match the motor what ever it is. Then have it balanced and you should be good to go with the M starter and all . A good machinest can do it prolly be a little pricey, but I bet a dollar to a donut it will work. You will have to make an adapter from motor, to M bellhousing, also make, or fit a pilot bushing,(or bearing)in to the works Jack In Fla
 
Also would be a good Idea to add A belt driven govner, to hold down the R P M'S. I was going to do a 460 Ford into a M, but medical problems stoped me Jack
 
(quoted from post at 18:20:50 03/01/08) Stevenf/AZ what did you use for an adapter plate to put your flathead V8 in your H

Neither of those are mine... sorry I just have the pictures I found online.
 
you need to install a 4-speed trany from a chevy s-10 in the torque tube, locked in 3rd gear to to keep the road speed down to the original specs.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top