I'm in Love

RedMF40

You know when you see her, don't you? The one who was meant for you? All of a sudden there's a lightness in my step, I'm whistling a happy tune. I may as well be back in 7th grade and Sarah the smart girl just said she "likes" me.

All this because of the Massey-Harris 102G. Look at the lugs, so seductive. Might as well be an elegant diamond necklace nestled against a...well, never mind. And I don't care if the wheel's been welded up. I love her even more because of it. The imperfections make her more appealing.

Who am I kidding? She's way too good for me. Out of my league. I'm just a bumpkin sitting on a hill of dirt with two wore-out cats and ground so poor even the dandelions have a hard time of it. She'd be out of place here. Not with her own kind.

I don't care! I feel something crazy coming on, and that's what love does: It brings out the crazy in us. Yes, she's about a thousand dollars' worth of gas away, and the bidding is quick enough going to top another thousand bucks with fourteen days left for it to go even higher. I might do it. I might. If someone doesn't take me by the shoulders and slap me several times across the face I swear I will. Even if they do all that I'll still do it: Place a bid of TWO THOUSAND dollars just so I can say I owned her if only briefly. And I want her to go to the right person, someone who won't handle her roughly or not appreciate her. I'd hate to see that happen. I want her to be in the surroundings to which she's accustomed, and not with some ruffian with worn out suspenders and a foul mouth.

Massey Harris 102G on steel. I've never seen anything so beautiful.

Gerrit

Now for an actual question: What do you think she'll sell for?

https://bid.aumannauctions.com/lot-...talog/id/29886/#mz-expanded-view-603626716914

Yea. When I saw the Ford 5200 at an auction. I wasnt really serious until I saw it....

Paul

Love is stronger than money. I could see her saying I belong with Garret. Follow your heart
and keep bidding till the bloody end.

I have limits for all sales and even if I surpass my limit still never buy much at them. I just will not spend what it takes to buy myself broke on one item.

Grandpa's first tractor was a 102, on rubber though. Looks like a good foundation, Paint would go a long way, but around here it'd likely sell a bit above scrap. All depends how many love-struck bidders there are...lol

As of now she's holding steady at $975. With around 13 days left I think she'll sell for north of $2K.

TF thanks for the heads-up. I haven't pulled the trigger yet and Purcellville is only about 35 miles away, while this 102G is over 800 miles up the road.

Thanks for the comments. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", hahahaha! I guess it is. Gerrit

I jave a book "massey harris tractors' Fred wolfe had lany of his tractors pictured iin that book. Did he passed away? Very nice collection.

My favorite massey are the 101 Senior and the Challenger....
I wish I was closer...

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back