I'm out of the loop

the choice is update, shut down, or put everyone's security at risk (that's what going back to the old software does.)

chris has explained it elsewhere in more detail. this is NOT something that was done for cosmetic reasons. it was done because the two softwares involved before are both so woefully out of date that there are no security fixes available for them.

Yes it has been in the works for a while,and Kim had been warning it was coming. And as I have said before, we all hate change, but we will enjoy it someday!

Reactions: DWF
Great change to the new style forum. Very similar to most of the other forums I frequent. Just a surprise to see the "home page" instead of the threads, as I usually do. Had to update my bookmark to show ". . .com/index.php", and the bookmark now takes me directly to the forums page.

I am an old goat, but much prefer the modern view!

I have been using network computers since DarpaNet. Software changes for security and operational compatibility with operating systems has been a constant factor in my life. This change is going much smoother than most. I am encouraged by our host's willingness to keep us around. Jim
The Icon I am using was taken by the camera I am holding in this thermal image. I shot this exposure on that Sony DSC Of myself on the digital monitor at JPL. Jet Propulsion Laboratory. The blue circle is the lens that took the picture as I took the picture. Jim

Same here. Figuring it all out. When I leave a thread and go to index for the next message on this new format the threads all look alike. On the old format a thread that had been viewed appeared in a different color so one knew where you were.
Yes an on what was classic you knew who was talking to whom. This way all you know is someone has made a post but to whom the post is directed too you don't know

Yes an on what was classic you knew who was talking to whom. This way all you know is someone has made a post but to whom the post is directed too you don't know
old,
If the reply button in the post being replied to is used and the text is entered in that that box, not the one below the thread, the reply will follow the post being replied to. The other thing that can help tie replies to a post is not to check the box that turns off quotes in your preference settings. As this reply to you should show.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back