IMT 539 wiring help needed.

Parkis

New User
The switch that turns power on and off fell apart. I ordered a replacement from AG Industrial specifically for this tractor but it is not identical to the original. The connection points are different on the back. There are several wires that connect to it. I cannot figure out how to connect the wiring on this switch, and have been unable to start the tractor as a result. Is there someone out there who has any advice about this issue? The switch package has some Bosnioan/Croation words on the back that I have been able to translate but I have had little success in getting this switch to work. I was hoping to plant potatoes soon.
 
The switch that turns power on and off fell apart. I ordered a replacement from AG Industrial specifically for this tractor but it is not identical to the original. The connection points are different on the back. There are several wires that connect to it. I cannot figure out how to connect the wiring on this switch, and have been unable to start the tractor as a result. Is there someone out there who has any advice about this issue? The switch package has some Bosnioan/Croation words on the back that I have been able to translate but I have had little success in getting this switch to work. I was hoping to plant potatoes soon.
I am not going to be much help with electrical problems but those on this site who are will want a few different pictures of the old and new switch.
Nate
 
The switch that turns power on and off fell apart. I ordered a replacement from AG Industrial specifically for this tractor but it is not identical to the original. The connection points are different on the back. There are several wires that connect to it. I cannot figure out how to connect the wiring on this switch, and have been unable to start the tractor as a result. Is there someone out there who has any advice about this issue? The switch package has some Bosnioan/Croation words on the back that I have been able to translate but I have had little success in getting this switch to work. I was hoping to plant potatoes soon.
Do you have a manual? Do you have, and know how to use an ohm meter?

Using those two items you should be able to figure out which terminals are live in each key position. Then the wiring diagram in the manual should give you info on which wires were on which terminal of the old switch. Unless someone has been through your exact issue, I think this is going to be primarily something you will need to do -- hands on.
 
Do you have a manual? Do you have, and know how to use an ohm meter?

Using those two items you should be able to figure out which terminals are live in each key position. Then the wiring diagram in the manual should give you info on which wires were on which terminal of the old switch. Unless someone has been through your exact issue, I think this is going to be primarily something you will need to do -- hands on.
Thanks for your help. I have used a volt ohm meter and can determine which contact connects to which in the 4 switch positions,
but have not figured out where to connect the wires. I have a manual but there is very little about wiring. It has one diagram that is so small that one cannot determine where the wires go.
 
Thanks for your help. I have used a volt ohm meter and can determine which contact connects to which in the 4 switch positions,
but have not figured out where to connect the wires. I have a manual but there is very little about wiring. It has one diagram that is so small that one cannot determine where the wires go.
Then you will have to chase the wires out visually to see where each one goes. With power removed you may be able to use your ohmmeter to tell by checking end to end to for continuity.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top