Industrial Engine ID help needed

Matta06234

New User
Good afternoon. I am currently working on a wood chipper with a Ford Industrial 4cyl gas engine in it which I need to identify to get the proper firing order and wire location on the cap. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thankyou

16233-S17KG
Type B8PD-6002-GR
Options SO-390

I'm not sure of what the displacement is from those numbers,, but it is most likely a 172 ci or 192 ci red tiger engine. The firing order is 1-2-4-3 with the number 1 cylinder being closest to the fan/radiator. Pull the plugs and the distributor cap and turn the engine by hand until it is at the top of the compression stroke on the number one cylinder (Use your thumb over the spark plug hole to feel the compression). Make a note of where the rotor is pointing in the distributor. When you put the distributor cap back on, the plug wire for the number 1 plug should be connected where the rotor was pointing. I can't remember off the top of my head whether those engines spun the distributor clockwise or counter-clockwise, but hopefully someone here will chime in with that information. Then hook up the other plug wires according the firing order and CW or CCW rotation.

I'm not sure of what the displacement is from those numbers,, but it is most likely a 172 ci or 192 ci red tiger engine. The firing order is 1-2-4-3 with the number 1 cylinder being closest to the fan/radiator. Pull the plugs and the distributor cap and turn the engine by hand until it is at the top of the compression stroke on the number one cylinder (Use your thumb over the spark plug hole to feel the compression). Make a note of where the rotor is pointing in the distributor. When you put the distributor cap back on, the plug wire for the number 1 plug should be connected where the rotor was pointing. I can't remember off the top of my head whether those engines spun the distributor clockwise or counter-clockwise, but hopefully someone here will chime in with that information. Then hook up the other plug wires according the firing order and CW or CCW rotation.
The distributor on those engines turn clockwise. Generally number 1 is marked on top of the distributor cap.

The distributor on those engines turn clockwise. Generally number 1 is marked on top of the distributor cap.
Depending on how the distributor itself was installed, the position on the cap that is labelled with number 1 might not be the correct position for the number 1 spark plug wire.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back