initial setup hydraulic linkages

knavistar

Member
Does anyone know the initial setup for the quadrants and valve control linkages for a 1969 135 and I do not have the manual thanks.[b:3b7860beb3][/b:3b7860beb3]
 
Hi,
The short answer to your question is whether your tractor is fitted with Pressure Control or not.
For non-PC tractors the limit stop should be set to 1/4" from the upper end of the position control quadrant slot and the lever brought into cantact.
For PC tractors the limit stop should be at the end of the slot and the lever raised to make contact. The two bolts that retain the outer quadrant should be slackened and the quadrant adjusted to the central position in the slotted holes. The bolts should then be nipped up.
It is not advisable to make these adjustments unless you have the equipment to carry out the rest of the adjustments. Major damage CAN result from incorrect settings here.
Buy yourself a good workshop manual and get it right!
DavidP, South Wales
 
Thank you David.
Although this 135 does not have psi control I am going to famialarize myself with the parts so as to form a basic understanding.
 
I found another thread (by Rod see below) and the symptoms Rod was having are not what I am seeing, the description which you describe David are what I am looking for regarding initial setup, I was asking the question wrong.
One further step I am looking for are the,
The linkage settings , and the master control spring settings are these straightforward and is there a procedure I can do regarding these two.
Thank you.


Thread by Rod:
I have no multipower or auxilliary hydraulics.Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:27 pm Post subject: MF 135 Control Valve Operation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I have a circa 1968 MF135 Deluxe with a 2 stage clutch. It does not have Multi-Power or any auxilliary hydraulics. Last year I parked it for the winter and this year when I went to use it the 3 point would not lift, with or without the 5' brushcutter I run on it. I flushed the hydraulic system and cleaned the sump filter then refilled with new hyd/trans, still nothing(all was fairly clean). I removed the right side response cover and the control valve moves smoothly. The top of the actuating lever on the control valve feels spring loaded towards the front of the tractor which would be the lowering position correct? However I can place the Draft Quadrant lever in the up position and the Position Control Quadrant lever in the up position and the actuating lever for the control valve does not follow the Quadrant control arm, tractor running or not. I can manually reach in and push the actuating lever back to the Quadrant control arm and the lift will raise and hold position until I move the Position Control Quadrant lever to the lowering position then the lift will lower and the actuating lever will remain forward when I move the Position Control Quadrant lever back up. The actuating lever will just sit in the lowered position until I reach in and manually move it back towards the rear of the tractor to lift the 3pt.

What am I missing here? I have removed the top cover and checked all the linkage settings, master control spring setting, looked for worn broken parts and have found nothing. I am not understanding why or how the actuating lever for the control valve is supposed to follow the Quadrant lever when it feels spring loaded to the lowering position. Also I can manually move the actuating lever for the control valve back far enough to kick the relief out and allow the hydraulics to go into constant pumping(mine does not have aux. hydraulics so this feature isn't used)which leads me to believe the hydraulics have adaquate pressure.(I don't have a pressure gauge at this time.)

Any tips, suggestions, or lessons on how this system is supposed to work would be greatly appreciated.

RodW



Hello Rod,
Well done for your very descriptive take on the problem. Starting from scratch with a slight change of terminology. The pump lever should always be in contact with the knurled screw in the vertical lever. At no time should the pump lever loose contact with the screw.
When the PC lever is in the 'Down' position the pump lever should be leaning forwards in the discharge position. Initial raising of the PC lever will allow the pump lever to lean rearwards into the pumping position. As the 3-pt nears the selected height the pump lever will move into the neutral position. As I understand your description you are raising the PC lever but the pump lever is not being allowed to move into the pumping position. You can move the vertical lever rearwards by hand and the 3-pt works OK. Correct? It seems like there is tightness (rust) in the pivots at the top of the vertical lever or the rollers on the 'dog' follower (look at the shape) are seized.
If you still have the hyd cover off and upside down, check the operation as follows;
Find an elastic band, small bungee cord or similar that will give a pull of about 3 lbs and attach one end to the slot at the end of the vertical lever using a piece of wire. This will simulate the effect of the pump lever on the vertical lever. Remember you are looking at it upside down and things will be different. Have an assistant hold the elastic. Move the lift arms as they would be in the 'down' position when fitted. Move the PC lever to the 'down' position as when fitted. Raise the PC lever and as long as your elastic is not too strong, the vertical lever will move to the pumping position. If it does not then tightness is holding it. It may take a little while to see how it works but when you do you should see what the problem is. The image will not come up very big on the forum. If you have an e-mail address shown I will send it to you. If not, please contact me with it.

DavidP, South Wales




The link is here, sorry for my URL knowledge.
http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/ttforum/viewtopic.php?t=534895&sid=5c0f889742435179354e369c4dda12ea
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top