Injection Pump seepage on JD 2010

gyroman

New User
I have a john Deere 2010 diesel tractor. My question is about the injection pump, from what I know to call it there is a little diesel seeping out the side of what I call the throttle shaft. There is a lever that the throttle linkage is connected to with a screw to adjust the idle. In the picture there is a seal behind it, can this lever be removed easily then remove and replace the seal, I'm thinking maybe its a O ring.

Thanks for any info

Shaft has a clip inside that must be removed before it will come out. If the retainer ring is failing inside, causing the leak pump needs more attention than just the shaft O ring.

Thanks for the reply, so you mean the seal is on the inside and the pump will have to be partially disassembled to replace the seal, if so its out of my wheel house.

there is a 0-ring on the shaft you have to take pump off remove top cover undo the clips pull the shaft replace 0-ring reinstall top cover the reinstall pump you can go to jdparts.com for completer brake down idem #40 2 o-rigs

mvphoto1027.gif

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back