Injection pump stuck closed.

My 830 high crop has been sitting for a while and now will not start. Definitely a fuel issue, as she fires right off on ether. I see a handful of posts that the rack could be stuck in the closed position shutting off fuel. I have never dived into a pump before, and was wondering if this was something that could be done without going to a pump shop. Also curious if I can get into that without pulling the pump. That thing looks like a bear. Thank you.
 
On the front of the pump toward the radiator there is a long cover that sticks out with two flats on it, I believe a 3/4 wrench will fit, that covers up the front end of the rack, remove that cap to expose the front of the rack, do not use ANY excessive force on it but tapping it lightly or getting a little pull on it may free it up. To much force can damage the plunger control mechanism The rack should move freely in and out depending on throttle position, I believe the rack is fully extended front when the throttle is wide open and I would put it there so it is being shoved front , if it s moving back and forth, look for air in the system.

This post was edited by mEl on 12/28/2021 at 04:45 am.
 
Pump probably has one or more plungers stuck, which keeps the rack from moving freely. I have a Case 700 pump in now for the same trouble, it's soaking now, I did get the plungers freed up but no luck with the delivery valves yet. On the Case 30 series pumps it's best NOT to disturb the delivery valve outlets as housing and outlet thread damage is usually the end result. My guess is the pump will have to come off since the plunger/tappet access cover is on the back side next to engine.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top