Injection pump

L81x

New User
I have a 1973 international 574 and its lacking alot of power
the injectors are serviced all filters are new and no clogged lines with new fuel in the tank. Thinking maybe its the injector pump because it barely smokes at all when i press full throttle going from 700
to 2500rpm
i have tried fiddling with the pump with all my knowledge of the Bosch VA pump i think its called
the start/stop lever can be adjusted so i adjusted the lever all the way out and it is definitely helping but there is not a huge difference

i want to know how to adjust it so i can adjust it till theres coming some more smoke and if it doesnt make a difference in power i will turn it back because i want engine longevity
heres a picture
cvphoto153672.jpg

The lower front lever screw is the max fuel stop screw. I've seen SOME of those pumps that DO NOT have any extra fuel available even with the screw backed completely out. Pump is hydraulically governed, and a comment was made years ago at the Bosch service school I attended that the fellow that helped design that pump was in a rubber room somewhere wearing an I love me jacket that buttons up the back...

if thats so do you or anyone know a replacement pump that fits and is pretty much bolt on?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back