Instrument Panel Ford 4000

ml_work

Ford 4000 Diesel 3 cylinder - I think 1967 .. some one on here told me it was may 1974.

I finally got someone to help me haul to a tractor shop and have it fixed to keep the battery charged so I do not have to jump off all the time. I want to get the instrument panel and have them connect so I will know when it is charging and the temperature, the other is not a big deal.

I found this on here, would it be correct for my tractor?

Part Number EHPN10849A - panel

Part Number C5NN10A949C seal

I don't understand this
"Note, this seal does not have inset fasteners. That version of the seal is not available."

it has that on the place to order the seal..

Thanks

EHPN10849A is the correct part number for the instrument cluster.

C5NN10A949C is the gasket/seal between the instrument panel and the dashboard. As to whether it is the same as the original one on your tractor depends on whether your tractor is a 1967 or 1974 tractor. The early ones had inset pieces in the corners of the gasket that the screws holding the panel to the dash threaded into. The later ones had automotive style threaded clip nuts that slide onto the protrusions in the corners of the dash cut-out to thread the screws into. The earlier style is no longer available, so if yours is a 1967, hopefully the gasket stayed in one piece when you removed the panel, or you will need to purchase quantity 4 of the threaded clip nuts, which were originally part number E6NN10N849AA which has been superseded by part number 83956202, as well as quantity 4 of the matching screws, which re part number 53050S36, because the screws for the earlier style threaded inserts in the gaskets are different from the screws for the later style clip nuts.

Sean, thanks for the quick reply. I don't see how one person knows so much detail about so many different tractors!

I will upload a picture of the info plate that is under the hood, which I have uploaded at some time in the past and probably you told me what the info was. I do not know if this is the original hood so cannot say for sure if it is correct but it is all I have to go by. Maybe can tell what year it is from it.

This notice was in the info about the seal:
"Note, this seal does not have inset fasteners. That version of the seal is not available." I guess that is what you were telling me about. I have not taken the instrument panel off yet, I had planned to get the new one and do it myself sometime but figured if I can get it done when the tractor is at the shop they can get the wires correct and at least have temp and charge working.
This got set back, the friend that I was going to get to pull it has sold the trailer , so back to looking for another way to get to shop.
Thanks
mvphoto57283.jpg

It's actually not a 1967 or a 1974. It's a 1972. The Unit Number is a little chewed up but it looks like 2E24B, which would mean that it left the assembly line on May 24 1972 during the day shift.

The engine, rear axle, hydraulic pump and hydraulic lift numbers show that they were all assembled earlier the same month, and the transmission was assembled two months earlier, on March 17.

So it should already have the spring clips and proper screws for that later style gasket to be correct.

I cant make out the Unit number, have you looked at the casting on the tractor to verify the hood plate numbers?

Ford tractors manufactured between 1965 and 1975, serial numbers are located on the right hand side of the tractor on the flywheel housing, just rearwards of the starter motor.

I swore up and down my 4000 was a 65, turns out it was a very early 75 before production ended I was only able to figure that out when I rebuilt the engine and figured out is was a 201 gasser that wasn't available in 65. My Unit number was 5C07B
which translated to 75 March 7th Day shift

I forgot to mention about that Tractor Number (serial number). The B at the beginning means that the tractor was assembled at the plant in Basildon in the UK, and the number itself, being above 800001 says that it was a "domestic" tractor, meaning that it was built to be sold inside the UK. The Basildon plant had two serial number ranges. The tractors meant to be exported outside the UK had serial number starting at B000001 and going up from there, and the domestic tractors started at B800001 and went up from there.

Being a 72 tractor I'm pretty sure you have a generator instead of an alternator. You can pretty easily convert to an alternator which will charge the battery all the time while running instead of the generator that really only charges the battery when running at more than idle speed. The kit is available here on this site, much cheaper than a shop, directions included also. There are videos on YT showing how to do the conversion.

https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/Ford-4000_12-Volt-Conversion-Kit_6X10300ALTH.html $120.00

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back