Interesting 1934 South Bend lathe catalog

JMS/.MN

South Bend made lathes since 1906. I have a 1910 13 inch x 6 foot gear change model.

Some info from their 1934 catalog- shipments to 96 countries and colonies. "When desired, we can pack South Bend lathes for shipment in small boxes or cases suitable for mule back transportation. An additional charge of 5% is made for this special packaging". "You may write us in any language you wish and we will respond in your own language, the English language, or in any other you specify".

Some pages are in English and Spanish.

Approximate shipping cost to various cities/countries...per machine: 13 inch x 6 foot: via NY to Egypt, $48. Bombay, India, $44. via San Francisco to Hawaii, $48. Shanghai China, $54.

South Bend invites you to not only come to their show room, but also bring your machine work problem with you. Their demonstrators will machine the work in the size lathe that interests you. "Many main trunk highways pass thru South Bend from all directions".

13 x 6 lathe cost $417, line shaft driven. Weight 1160 lbs.

As I'm downsizing my business, my machining center went last spring, CNC lathe going soon, I'm in the market for a 16" South Bend lathe. Probably be spring before it happens.

Had a 21" with I think an eight foot bed for several years. Did a lot of fly wheels on that old girl and lot of other work besides.

Great machines.

(quoted from post at 17:50:45 01/31/20) South Bend made lathes since 1906. I have a 1910 13 inch x 6 foot gear change model.

Some info from their 1934 catalog- shipments to 96 countries and colonies. "When desired, we can pack South Bend lathes for shipment in small boxes or cases suitable for mule back transportation. An additional charge of 5% is made for this special packaging". "You may write us in any language you wish and we will respond in your own language, the English language, or in any other you specify".

Some pages are in English and Spanish.

Approximate shipping cost to various cities/countries...per machine: 13 inch x 6 foot: via NY to Egypt, $48. Bombay, India, $44. via San Francisco to Hawaii, $48. Shanghai China, $54.

South Bend invites you to not only come to their show room, but also bring your machine work problem with you. Their demonstrators will machine the work in the size lathe that interests you. "Many main trunk highways pass thru South Bend from all directions".

13 x 6 lathe cost $417, line shaft driven. Weight 1160 lbs.

Here's one that has survived, before I tucked it away in my shop:

Lathe.JPG

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back