RedMF40
Not from Iceland!
(quoted from post at 00:19:56 12/08/23) one grocery had a sloping parking lot & carts frequently got away & went rampaging down the slope. Once I saw a cart freewheeling downhill & it hit the side f a parked car. The cart hit & jumped straight up 3 feet, came down & hit the car again.
Bad day for the car owner. My car, I wouldn't care so much, has a lot of battle scars, many of them from other cars in the parking lot.
Recently I was getting ready to drive away, saw some commotion. The carts had broken loose from their cart corral. I guess the gate had failed, and now there was a whole herd of them making their way across the parking lot. What struck me is that it was reminiscent of the old westerns, where the cattle is being driven and they fan out at the head. It was just like that. Some people over in that area dealt with the situation, started grabbing carts before they hit any cars.
Gerrit