Interesting story........

Goose

My wife had a reception to attend today in Ainsworth, Nebraska, about 250 miles northwest of where we live.

On the way, about a mile west of Atkinson, Nebraska, on the north side of Highway 20 I saw a lot with several dozen old Minneapolis Moline tractors.

At the reception, I chatted with a fellow who happened to live near there. He said he has no idea what the fellow that owns them intends to do with them. Appears to be just acquiring them and parking them. He did tell this story that he'd heard.

One evening a fellow drove onto the lot and was snooping around, looking things over. The owner drove onto the lot, also, but didn't identify himself right away. He just struck up a conversation with the snooper. The following conversation ensued:

Owner: What do you happen to be doing?

Snooper: Just looking around to see what's here.

Owner: Do you live around here?

Snooper: Yes, just a ways out of town. He gave his address.

Owner: Oh, I know where that is. I'll have to go up there and walk around for a while.

Snooper: You can't do that!

Owner: Why not?

Snooper: Because it's private property.

Owner, Well, you're walking around on MY private property right now. What's the difference?

I thought that was kind of a tactful way of handling the situation instead of just blowing up and ordering the guy off the property.

That type of thing is another reason I like the fact that no one can see what I have unless they drive a mile in and by doing so they have trespassed on not just one but 3 peoples land. My land is clearly posted so if some one come on my place they best be here because they have permission to be here

The tractors belong to Mr. Olson. He gets tired of people thinking his farm shop is open for public business. Do not blame him for being stand offish to trespassers.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back