International 4030 Yard Crane

abkyou

New User
I just saw a question from 10 years ago and decided to join this forum.

I bought a 4030 a year or so ago - it came with the three manuals: parts, workshop and operator's. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else with this yard crane.

Cheers Andy

>>>>
Archived post by Marty Bradley on May 22, 2011 at 04:25:11 from (121.219.97.174):
Hi, Am looking for any information about the 4030 International Harvester Crane.
What tractor were they built on, where and when they were built etc. Any thing at all would be greatly appreciated thank you.
>>>>
mvphoto77880.jpg

This post was edited by abkyou on 07/04/2021 at 02:51 am.

That image is art. Elements in alignment, framing and color density. Show us one from the side that is primarily the
tractor. Jim

I'll take a closeup shot if you like but here is a side view from the delivery day
mvphoto77901.jpg

This post was edited by abkyou on 07/04/2021 at 03:11 pm.

To quote one of my favorite youtube channels, "I ain't seen nothin' like that before in my life."

The tractor looks like a bog standard Utility tractor from the 1970's. You'll have to look on the engine for a designation to determine which tractor it is based off of.

What kind of transmission does it have? If it's not a standard 4-speed with Hi Lo and Reverse, it's an industrial and those are impossible to get drivetrain parts for. Long story short, they were supported by the Construction division, which got sold to Dresser in the early 1980's. Dresser only wanted the bulldozers so they dropped everything else like a hot potato. Once the parts ran out, that was it.

Thanks for the museum connection Jim
And yes to the guess about Australia. Had it moved from Whyalla to my place on Kangaroo Island.

(quoted from post at 10:29:38 07/06/21) I am guessing you might be in Australia after searching the hauling company name. This may be another machine we didn't have in the states. It appears the 4030 was built by International Harvester Co of Australia.
You might try contacting the museum to see what other info they have on it.

The engine is a D-239 4 cyl 4 stroke diesel (239 cubic inches)
The trans is 4-speed with Hi Lo and Reverse

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back