international 756

cstrucks

I have a international 756 that while bush hogging it stopped pulling and lost power steering. tractor has had torque
eliminated. Does this sound like a MCV pump? Thanks

By stopped pulling do you mean the PTO stopped? If so that is poor terminology for that problem, you can only ..pull.. something when the tractor is moving. Anyway if the PTO stopped powering the bush hog the hub in the clutch plate that drives the live shaft for the Hyd. pumps and PTO has stripped or broke out of the pressure plate. I think there is an inspection plate below the clutch you can pull off and possibly see if this has happened.

Yes, you are going to have to be more specific as to what you mean by "stopped pulling."

Do you know how was the TA "eliminated?" Was the lever on the side of the console simply removed, or was the tractor disassembled and a TA elimination kit installed, or something else?

If the TA were truly eliminated, the only ways for the tractor to stop pulling is if it popped out of gear, or the center of the clutch disc ripped out. Loss of hydraulics would not stop the tractor as it would be fully gear driven at that point.

Maybe you stripped out the IPTO drive gear from the center of the pressure plate AND tore the center out of the clutch disc at the same time. You'll have to pull the inspection cover under the belly of the tractor and look.

I mean that the tractor stopped moving, hydraulics on
loader still work and pto still works. No steering or
movement. Tractor had a new clutch installed a
couple years ago and ta elimination kit.

Since you say the PTO and hydraulics to the loader still work then I would suspect you lost a clutch disc or the inside drive splines slip now. rather unusual for that to happen though I suppose it could. Though I would find that rather strange as those models were very reliable in the drive train. Now look up in the bottom and see if your shaft is turning coming out of the clutch pressure plate it should be to have the loader and PTO work. The one you can't see is the actual clutch disc and shaft that drives the tractor transmission. IT might have stripped those splines though not real likely on those. That is just about what it has to be though to have it stop and still have PTO Or clutch disc sheared the hub out of the discs. Pressure plate drives PTO and Hydraulic on that. As for the steering I would check the oil level and filter since the PTO has it's own pump and oil suction tube it should work if the spline to the PP is still good like you say it is since you have PTO and hydraulics. A split is in the future for you now to fix it. Not a bad job you can have it apart in about 2 hours with hand tools.

Sounds like you have two issues. One,,,you say tractor won't move and you have TA eliminated kit so with engine idling can you shift the transmission to any gear without pushing in the clutch pedal??? If so the clutch spines are stripped or snapped the shaft or clutch is completely shot. Could also be something with the elimination kit broke. If you have to push the clutch pedal to shift then you should look in rear end. third link cover at rear end and see if ring gear is spinning when in gear and no movement then spider gears have failed. You can also touch one brake at a time and does the tractor try to move, if so you may have snapped a bull pinion shaft. Two,,, no steering, check filter, and fluid. If ok then you probably have MCV issues. Does the lube light work and go out when running???

Losing steering and movement at the same time would be MCV and a TA in early stages of failure. Brakes work?

The problem with that theory is, you claim the TA was eliminated. As I said before, if the TA is eliminated there is, for all intents and purposes, a solid shaft running from the clutch to the transmission. There is nothing hydraulic involved in moving the tractor anymore.

To tear the center hub out of the clutch disc AND experience an MCV failure simultaneously... The odds are pretty slim in my mind.

Unfortunately this leads me to suspect that you got cheated on the TA elimination. Someone just removed the lever, left it in direct, and told you it was "eliminated."

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back