Introduction and question

BradMugs

New User
My son-in-law just acquired a 1952 Harry Ferguson TO-30 after checking the fluids and messing with things we discovered the toggle switch to give ignition was bad. We bypassed the switch and drove it for a while. What a kick.

I’ve got lots of questions but I’ll start with two unidentified parts

The first appears to be some sort of electrical connection on the lower radiator hose.

The second looks like a place to connect something to the air oil filter

Help?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0291.jpeg
    IMG_0291.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0292.jpeg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
My son-in-law just acquired a 1952 Harry Ferguson TO-30 after checking the fluids and messing with things we discovered the toggle switch to give ignition was bad. We bypassed the switch and drove it for a while. What a kick.

I’ve got lots of questions but I’ll start with two unidentified parts

The first appears to be some sort of electrical connection on the lower radiator hose.

The second looks like a place to connect something to the air oil filter

Help?
Welcome to the forums.

The item in the lower radiator hose is an aftermarket coolant heater which is missing its power cord.

It looks like the piece on the air cleaner inlet is the flange a glass Mason type jar would thread into. Some were OEM and some were aftermarket add-ons as a pre-cleaner arrangement.
 
The TE-20 I got from Dad has the inline hose heater. It was hard to start when it was cold. After he changed it over to 12 volts it wasn't really needed but it's still there.
 
Welcome to the forums.

The item in the lower radiator hose is an aftermarket coolant heater which is missing its power cord.

It looks like the piece on the air cleaner inlet is the flange a glass Mason type jar would thread into. Some were OEM and some were aftermarket add-ons as a pre-cleaner arrangement.
Interesting- I was able to do some research on this, very ingenious.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top