Is this a Ferguson TO-20

pburchett

My wifes Grandfathers tractor caught on fire. He was going to get rid of it, but my wife wants it restored as she has many fond memories of them putting around on the tractor.

I just rebuilt my late fathers Ford 640 so I guess I am up to the task but I know nothing about this tractor.

I think it is a 1950 Ferguson T0-20?? Serial Number is TO-25644 Can anyone confirm this for me as I will need to order a manual and parts.

I guess the I&T shop manual is about as good as it can get or do I need to look for a different manual?

mvphoto56339.jpg

mvphoto56340.jpg

mvphoto56341.jpg

mvphoto56342.jpg

mvphoto56343.png

mvphoto56344.png

Yes, it is a 1950 TO20.

Looks like quite a project, but saveable.

IT manuals are OK, they are geared toward the more experienced mechanic.

I assume there are more in-depth manuals out there if you can find them. A factory parts manual will be helpful too.

There is an original dealer shop manual. I couldn't find it on this site but if you search the net for 'Dealer Shop Manual for Ferguson TE-20, TO-20 & TO-30 Tractor' it has a blue cover and you will find several places that have it for sale. It has more information than the I&T manual.

That is not too bad. Quite better than it looks in reality. I would have to take a pressure washer to it and see what was left to work with.
Next step might be change the fluids and make it run. THEN I would look at "restoring" it.

I found an owners operator manual and the dealer shop manual on this site. A parts manual would be a good idea too, I may order one with my next order for parts or whatever.

I own a 50 and 51. TO 20

Looks worse than it actually is, still plenty of original used parts out there if that's your goal.

Happy hunting.

Yes as others have stated, Id change fluids, rewire, replace alternator, distributor cap and rotor, coil and anything else Im forgetting.. get it running, then think about restoring.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back