Is this worth going after

Gtidwell

cvphoto123659.jpg

Once upon a time the Graham Holme plows were in great demand here. Dad and I converted many of them to a hydrualic cylinder lift. They sorta fell by the wayside eventually.

Concerning plow days using moldboard plows, I agree with rustred. The term chisel plow for the Graham Hoeme is a misnomer because they are really a heavy cultivator. Graham Hoemes will go down deep and maybe that's why they got their misnomer.

Do you have any narrow 16 tires laying around to put on it? If you dont you might need to factor in the price of new or used tires. It helps to be in the right place at the right time if you want to get them for free or cheap.

I bought one of those about 10 years ago at a farm auction for $35 and it had usable tires and sweeps on it. I needed something to pull behind my JD R tractor with lift levers because my R doesn't have hydraulics. I worked about 20 acres with it and it worked great. If it has missing, bent, or broken shanks, I have several NOS shanks.

Long ago my dad borrowed his brother's Graham Home plow (his brother had a Farmall M, my dad had an H). Later dad got an 80 horsepower tractor, then a 150 h.p. one. I thought it would have been fun to show that thing who's boss.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back