Jamesway Barn Cleaner,again

Hey guys, so my barn cleaner is still broken. Jon F was kind enough to give me an old Badger unit but unfortunately the gear ,which is what is broke in mine,was different enough that I could not make it work. So I tried my best to weld it using nickel rod and lots of heat,but it didnt hold too long and broke through the welds. I am in need of a gear to fix it, in my previous post a guy named Long Green Long Man said he had one not far from me, or anyone else? Getting desperate,lol

I thought about that,but it is different enough that I think it would end up not working correctly or be a big adapting project. I apreciate it though.

(quoted from post at 21:22:39 06/06/22) Hey guys, so my barn cleaner is still broken. Jon F was kind enough to give me an old Badger unit but unfortunately the gear ,which is what is broke in mine,was different enough that I could not make it work. So I tried my best to weld it using nickel rod and lots of heat,but it didnt hold too long and broke through the welds. I am in need of a gear to fix it, in my previous post a guy named Long Green Long Man said he had one not far from me, or anyone else? Getting desperate,lol

https://silo.org/product/jamesway-farm-equipment-inc/

Make two circles out of 3/8 plate and bolt them on both sides of the broken spokes. Drill and put split roll pins through the thick part both in ner and outer. Jim

Jamesway equipment is still in business. Are you not able to get a replacement part from a dealership? I have a Berg cleaner, from the 70s and can still get anything it needs.
Because I dont know what the sprocket you need, I cant say for sure, but most of the sprockets, gears bearings and shafts are off the shelf parts. These companies didnt forage these parts.

Had a friend that sold jamesway equipment.He passed away now but he stated the same thing that Bruce said.All gearing was bought from someone else.If unable to buy new then finding a good welder or machine shop is your next choice.Very few people are really good welders.

Ok guys,I spent a couple days emailing back and forth with a dealer I found only about 40 miles from me. I was very hopefull as they said parts were still availab.
le. However ,the gear I need would be $1650 and at least a month wait time,so I am still looking for a used alternative. Thanks for any help in finding one.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back