I had a 2010 Diesel come in for hard steering a few years back. Several shade tree guys tried to work on it…. one of them even plumbed the loader pump through the steering which resulted in a stripped pump disconnect clutch.
Putting the gauge on it revealed that the tractor hydraulic pump was sucking air somewhere which required a tractor split. There was a 1” cup plug missing from the suction manifold just above the oil level on the front of the H-L-R transmission.
Could steer the tractor with one finger after the plug was replaced.
That was a nice little yard tractor, I hated to give it back to the customer.
Had to be careful with the shift lever , as the gate was worn out on the dashboard, you could go from high to reverse if you were careless, and get thrown over the dashboard.

For sale near us ..... Tell me the good, bad and ugly. Decent little hunting club tractor? About as powerful as an 8n? 4ft bush hog? 5 ft box blade
Nothing good to tell you; engine issues, transmission issues, parts, not even some weird off color paint job can make a 1010 attractive to anyone except someone who needs one to fill a hole in their collection...and even they wouldn.t run it, for fear it would break.

I had a 1010 crawler loader. Worked the snott out of that machine with no issues. Overhauled it once, and rebuilt the under carriage once too. I would not hesitate to own a 1010 again but have no need now for a tractor that new or small. I prefer to collect un-styled tractors.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back