JD 213 Flexhead-cutterbar won't drop for flex in soybeans

I have a black reel JD 213 flexhead I used on my JD 4400. I removed the 5 bolts and large washers I installed to raise/lockup the cutterbar for wheat. When attached to the combine and blowing any dust under the seals and check the operation for soybeans, the left hand side (wobblebox side) appears to be in the raised position. It appears the arm next to the wobblebox is still raised up again the platform. The rest of the cutterbar dropped as usual for soybean harvest. I never had this problem before. I'll get it out tomorrow and see if something is stuck/wedged and perhaps use a crowbar to carefully pry it down. You can defintely tell it when you stand in front of the grain head. Has anyone had this happen before? What perhaps be the cause of this? I always keep it stored on my header cart and install and remove the lockup bolts and washers. It uses 5 bolts and washers and I am positive they have been removed. Any assistance is always appreciated.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back