JD 2755 3rd Function or Diverter

T-Hunter

New User
I have an 1980's 2755 2wd open station with a 245 loader. There are 2 functions for the loader. I want to be able to use a grapple and a tree puller so I need a 3rd function or diverter. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

. Tractor has a closed centre hydraulic system . A perverter valve is not needed or wanted .
Just connect the grapple to the SCV.
How are the loader s hydraulic system supply and return lines connected to the tractor .

(quoted from post at 13:19:23 06/14/23) . Tractor has a closed centre hydraulic system . A perverter valve is not needed or wanted .
Just connect the grapple to the SCV.
How are the loader s hydraulic system supply and return lines connected to the tractor .

mvphoto106667.jpg

[/img:406d0d96fd]
I have 2 pairs of hoses. 1 pair is for lift/lower, the other is for curl.

Does the dual SCV have a return line into the transmission case ? Or the optional line from the SCV to a ported filter cover .
Sorry but that loader install looks like somebody took the cheap , easy route . Problem is the front hydraulic pump starves for oil as the transmission pump can not meet the demands of loader , backhoe or hydraulic motor use .
Have you considered conversion to an independent joystick to control the loader

(quoted from post at 22:59:07 06/14/23)
Does the dual SCV have a return line into the transmission case ? Or the optional line from the SCV to a ported filter cover .
Sorry but that loader install looks like somebody took the cheap , easy route . Problem is the front hydraulic pump starves for oil as the transmission pump can not meet the demands of loader , backhoe or hydraulic motor use .
Thanks for the reply. I'll check on the return. Not suprised by the cheap route taken.

(quoted from post at 19:59:07 06/14/23)
Does the dual SCV have a return line into the transmission case ? .

b&d
I think hyd hose in T Hunter's photo below is the return line to ported filter cover you were referring to.
mvphoto106684.png

(quoted from post at 09:18:01 06/15/23)
(quoted from post at 19:59:07 06/14/23)
Does the dual SCV have a return line into the transmission case ? .

b&d
I think hyd hose in T Hunter's photo below is the return line to ported filter cover you were referring to.
mvphoto106684.png

Iirc that is the supply side . The return to sump or optional filter location is in that wee gap . Between the SVV valves and the transmission case .

After viewing 2755 parts catalog I think you're correct & I was mistaken.. Older utility tractor had return oil hose attached to side of scv housing but orifice was higher up on housing. Shown in photo below is the oil return kit I thought hose in previous was similar to.
mvphoto106701.png

This post was edited by Tx Jim on 06/15/2023 at 01:40 pm.

(quoted from post at 20:22:39 06/12/23) I have an 1980's 2755 2wd open station with a 245 loader. There are 2 functions for the loader. I want to be able to use a grapple and a tree puller so I need a 3rd function or diverter. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

You can put an electric diverter valve on the bucket curl to make the grapple work. You can find a jostick with an electric knob.

You can have no idea the loader speed and smoothness that a Ported Filter cover return from the SCV will provide . Until you experience the difference .

You can have no idea the loader speed and smoothness that a Ported Filter cover return from the SCV will provide . Until you experience the difference .

mvphoto106750.jpg

Thank you so much for the responses. I'm new to tractors and really appreciate everyones help on this. I've attached some additional photos.

You tractor has unique hyd return lines for scv. Top line on LH routes to rockshaft housing which is the reservoir. The line on the RH routes to ported filter cover that b&d mentioned.
mvphoto106751.png

This post was edited by Tx Jim on 06/17/2023 at 07:26 am.

mvphoto106819.jpg

mvphoto106820.jpg

Thank you for the response. I've attached 2 more photos.
What would be the advantage of having both return lines routed to the ported filter cover? Also, what is the lever at the bottom of the SCV?

Only advantage to routing scv return oil to hyd ported filter cover would be to operate an orbit motor or maybe frt end loader if operating loader continuously. Most all other operations such as normal remote cylinder operation are just fine routing return oil to reservoir

(quoted from post at 14:38:48 06/19/23)
Only advantage to routing scv return oil to hyd ported filter cover would be to operate an orbit motor or maybe frt end loader if operating loader continuously. Most all other operations such as normal remote cylinder operation are just fine routing return oil to reservoir

So adding a diverter on the curl circuit should be ok?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back