JD 3020 Zenith Carb

ajhbike

Had a leak on the carb and figured it needed a cleaning and some going through. Ultra sonic cleaned it out, got a gasket and small parts kit and was putting it back together. I saw that the gas inlet had been braised or welded and saw a very small crack. Cleaned it out and put some JB weld on it. Next day put some tape on the fitting and screwed it in. Put everything on and the leak is still there. Researched it and THEN learned not to put tape on since that CAUSES CRACKS!

Should I really be using a metal gas tank repair compound or just more JB Weld after cleaning that stuff I put in?

Here's a pic of the location 20240218_161322 RSZ.jpg

Tear apart carburetor and clean the top half around the inlet fitting crack.. V out the crack area.. Preheat the crack area and braze... Tape out the internal threads for the gas line fitting.. A little no-1 permatex on the threads of the gas line fitting and screw in... Let dry..........

t

The other alternative is to JB weld the threads of the inlet and the fitting and permanently seal it I guess. I would have to cut the inside screen I guess because that fitting would be a one time deal.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back