JD 310 Backhoe Hyd Accumulator

I have an early 310 Backhoe and I don't believe the hydraulic accumulator is working. No power steering when I turn the motor off and also, when I lift the bucket, it lifts, but seems that it could lift it faster, and so I think the nitrogen gas is most likely not there.

Is there another way to test?

Taking all of the pressure out of the hydraulic lines after the motor is off, do I just unscrew the oil hose that feeds the accumulator.

What is the chance I have to rebuild, looks mostly like o-rings in the parts manual.

Any assistance appreciated.
 
The accumulator is not even necessary to have on there, if you completely removed it,like I have on my 310B, all will work just fine...
 
(quoted from post at 15:30:46 07/19/12) when I lift the bucket, it lifts, but seems that it could lift it faster,

How many hours since hyd filters were changed and sump screen cleaned?? Has anyone checked stand-by pressure lately???
 
Bought this about 2 months ago and changed out the filters, they looked good. Also pulled the sump screen, it was clean as a whistle...

Not sure of how to check the standby pressure.
 
I figure, if it's there, might as well get it to work correctly.

My 310, being the early model has 3/4" supply lines your 310B has 1" supply lines.

Why did you opt to remove yours?

Thanks.
 
On a hoe you can Tee into a bucket cylinder hose and let it fully extend to get a stand by reading..as for the accumulator,,I'm not sure why they even put one on that unit since it don't have power brakes....more things that I don't understand...
 
Sump screen
a76779.jpg
 
I blew a hose going to it , eliminated it that day so I could continue working,,made no difference in operation...they are for "storing" pressure mainly to give you brake pressure if the engine fails, your brake system (and mine) don't work that way...the pedal pressure is developed by how hard you push the pedal, they are hydraulic, but not power....
 
It is hooked into the system in that way, but would only supply oil after the engine was "off" and that would not give you enough oil to steer lock to lock even once,,so that"s why I don"t know why it"s on there, maybe some one else has a better idea about it...
 
The accumulator is on there to absorb pres spikes in the hyd. system. It is charged with 500 psi dry nitrogen. To test run tractor and put one of the stab.cyl. down to the ground shut off eng. if the accu. has a good charge it will almost raise the stab. about half way up with the eng. off. To check the stand by pres. go to the right hand side of the pump at the front side of the pump you will find 1 or 2 small plugs the upper plug is for stand by pres. & lower plug is charge pres. they take a 1/2 in. wrench. Don
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top