JD 310B Injector Pump Advise

AliasRex

New User
Ok everyone this is my first attempt to reach out to this community and I hope that I'm in the right forum. This is what I have.

1. 310B JD Backhoe - Stanadyne/Roosa pump JDB431MD3027
  2. Runs great except for the return glass ball check valve getting clogged frequently
  3. I understand why and have tore the pump down to replace the deteriorated weight basket with a modern day basket (solid no plastic bushing)
  4. While overhauling and cleaning two vent wires slid out of the pump head assembly.
  5. I know where the go but I don't know the order.
  6. Small vent wire first and then the retaining wire? This is what I'm thinking but I want to be sure.
I hope I have provided enough information for someone to help me with question #6

Thanks

Small wire first, then the larger retainer wire. Might look closely at the brass shaft/seal pilot bushing, most pumps I repair usually need a new bushing epoxied in the housing too.

Upvote 0
Small wire first, then the larger retainer wire. Might look closely at the brass shaft/seal pilot bushing, most pumps I repair usually need a new bushing epoxied in the housing too.
THANK YOU!!!

Very nice first engagement with this community. No drama... just straight forward facts/advise given with respect.

THANKS AGAIN!

Upvote 0
In an effort to pay it forward ...those of you who crack the cam pin head on this pump while trying to remove it. Just drill a hole in the center of the pin...weld a easy-out or bolt to the piece and you might stand a chance on removing it. It worked for me.

Upvote 0
THANK YOU!!!

Very nice first engagement with this community. No drama... just straight forward facts/advise given with respect.

THANKS AGAIN!
Hello Rex welcome to YT! We don’t like to disappoint here, drama wise. You are not “overhauling” the pump. You are resealing it and replacing an obviously broken part. If you are a trained/experienced technician that knows what to look for as far as other problems or wear point in the pump and with the proper equipment to test and calibrate the pump when finished, then you could legitimately say you “overhauled or rebuilt” it. My apologies if you fit the description. Dieseltech who gave you the answer to 6 “IS”
I have done what you are doing but just stuck with calling it re-sealing.

Upvote 0
When reinstalling I'm having a difficult time getting the pump to flush up with the mounting surface. See photo. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? Perhaps I reassembled it incorrectly?
  • Stanadyne/Roosa pump JDB431MD3027
  • Disassembled pump to change out weight basket.
  • Reassembled with new weight basket and seals.
Thanks 20240220_173746.jpg

Upvote 0
In an effort to pay it forward ...those of you who crack the cam pin head on this pump while trying to remove it. Just drill a hole in the center of the pin...weld a easy-out or bolt to the piece and you might stand a chance on removing it. It worked for me.
On the other hand, if you use the correct bit and the support sleeve tool that surrounds the ballstud, most likely it won't break!

Upvote 0
When reinstalling I'm having a difficult time getting the pump to flush up with the mounting surface. See photo. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? Perhaps I reassembled it incorrectly?
  • Stanadyne/Roosa pump JDB431MD3027
  • Disassembled pump to change out weight basket.
  • Reassembled with new weight basket and seals.
ThanksView attachment 6470
Did you leave the pump driveshaft in the engine and pull the I.P. off of it?

Are you SURE the pump driveshaft tang is engaged into the slot in the "rotor" in the I.P. and the timing marks on those parts are aligned?

Upvote 0
Thank you for your response. Yes to both of the questions. I did receive information that the o-ring around the end of the pump flange can be difficult to seat.

Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back