JD 4450 blower motor

jturbo10

I have a 1983 John Deere 4450 that the A/C blower motor is starting to make noises like a bearing is going out when it is Texas hot. Want to change it out before it goes out. The local JD dealership had a couple motors in stock but no capacitors. Computer diagrams show a capacitor that attaches to the side of motor but is listed as NLA and sub is the actual motor part number . None of the motors in stock have a capacitor attached? Is it possible the new electric motors have a capacitor inside or now don't use a capacitor???? I guess I could use the old capacitor but I wanted to update motor, capacitor, and resistor. If the motor has a capacitor built in probably would not be good idea to have two capacitors helping startup of motor. Hard to believe JD computer isn't more definite and parts people can't figure it out.Anyone dealt with this issue?

The capacitor(s)is for AM radio noise suppression and has NOTHING whatever to do with the operation of the motor. (This is NOT a "capacitor run" alternating current motor on your home furnace fan, for gosh sakes!)

As to why the new one doesn't have it, the reasons could range from just being CHEAP to "no one listens to AM anymore", to there's some improvement inside the new motor that makes it emit less electrical/"radio" noise.

Bottom line is that if you want to keep cool and aren't obsessed with AM radio the presence or absence of the capacitor(s)is meaningless.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back