foggkr

New User
I recently purchased a JD 50 to restore. I have found that up in the block where the stud for the oil filter cap screws into is loose and the stud turns when trying to tighten cap. Does the stud screw into part of the block and the casting is broken? If so, is this repairable or am I waisting my time with this tractor?
 
The SHORT story is, there's a filter "can" up there, with a cast iron "head" at it's top.

The stripped threads are in that cast iron head, which can certainly be replaced, or possibly repaired.

It's been a LONG time since I've been ito the crankcase of one of those. It MAY be necessary to remove the engine BLOCK to gain clear access to the filter "head" and associated oil lines.

At any rate, it's not an EASY job.
 
its been a long time since i did one of the but if memory serves me correctly it is replaceable,get the repair manual.you will have to go in through the crankcase cover to get to the lines,and the you have to fabricate a hook like puller to pull the oil filter case "body" out of the crank case. bill m.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top